Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So God made a farmer huh?

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm not even christian, and the new "God Made A Farmer" Dodge RAM commercial even brought me to tears. I was waiting to see how long it would take before someone threw a fit about God being thrown into the superbowl commercials and sure enough I just read through the comments on the youtube video. Why do people always have to turn things into a "that's discrimination" type argument? Just wondering.

Brent Jacob
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Jazmyn Rose
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
I am a caring, loving, single mom of two beautiful kids. I firmly believe in the Law of Attraction and I try to help others that believe the same. Come check out our group "Finding the Secret" to find out more http://www.cafemom.com/group/118498.
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Replies (31-40):
Nee86
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:05 PM
I LOVED the commercial! I come from a long line of farmers and ranchers so I was over the moon about it.

By the way, the reason there was mostly white males in the commercial is because according to the census reportreleased most farmers are white males. Yes there are black, Hispanic, native, and women who farm but it's a very small, but growing, percentage.
sampson200
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:06 PM

I loved it and never thought about the 'god' thing as being anything other than what it was and how most people think.

My grandpa was a farmer and it made me think of him.

I got teary :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this
It was actually a speech made by Paul Harvey in 1978. The speech was then used by Dodge for a tribute to farmers. Much like the tribute to veterans they have done.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was annoyed by thhe undertones and subliminal message...you know, ,"God created the farmer so they could buy Dodge trucks and keep Dodge in business". It wasn't about the farmer and how impotant they truly are to our country. It was about selling trucks.

JamesMom714
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:08 PM
It really didn't have anything to do with the truck, it was a tribute to farmers. Paul Harvey wrote this piece many many years ago and it has noting to do with trucks.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was annoyed by thhe undertones and subliminal message...you know, ,"God created the farmer so they could buy Dodge trucks and keep Dodge in business". It wasn't about the farmer and how impotant they truly are to our country. It was about selling trucks.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Now there are black and white farmers so its all good

Quoting Anonymous:

It's not the god part that bothered me, but the whitewashing.

Never mind the slaves who were forced to work the fields for nothing. They act like only country white folk are suited to farm.

two4one
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:09 PM

I completely ignored that commercial. It was annoying to me.

sampson200
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:11 PM

I didn't think that.

Guess our opinions cancel each other out then :)

Quoting Anonymous:

anotherhalf
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:13 PM

My deceased wonderful grandfather was a farmer and very religious.  I loved it.  I'm atheist if that matters.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Whitewashing? Oh please.

The commercial had absolutely nada to do with slavery, it was based on the recent past and present. Which as it stands now the majority of farmers & ranchers ARE white. Minorities are the minority in the farming industry. That's a fact.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's not the god part that bothered me, but the whitewashing.

Never mind the slaves who were forced to work the fields for nothing. They act like only country white folk are suited to farm.
happykitty316
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:17 PM

I'm a farmer and had tears over that commercial!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured