Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Single SAHM...seriously guys...

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:51 PM
  • 4 Replies

Ok, I will probably get hell for this but I feel the need to post after reading other posts regarding this. I'm a little upset that widowed mothers are being lumped in with people mooching off the government, prostitues, and celebrities!  

This is rediculious, and I know I don't have to read them if I don't want and people are entitled to their own opinions but come on.  We are all still women and mothers first regardless of our circumstances.  I just don't want anyone else to feel what I feel (I am a widowed, single SAHM) when I read such hostility surrounding SAHM's.  As long as we are providing and doing our best for our children that is ALL that matters in my opinion.

I know I'm not perfect and maybe that wasn't what people were trying to convey but either way the SAHM bashing is extremely unecessary in my opinion.  Burn me all you want I felt it needed to be said by someone.

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
NinjaMomma09
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:52 PM

BUMP!

rockabillybetty
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Pudding?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ultra_
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Lumping together how? Was someone talking BAD about it? I saw the post saying that there is only a few ways to be a single SAHM. I didn't take it to be lumping together in a negative way in the OP. Unless people were commenting such.

vlr4x4
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:01 PM

I read that whole post, along with others as being extremely negative towards SAHM's.  Like we've stabbed all the working mothers in the back by staying home with our kids.  I don't disrespect any mother as long as she's taking care of her kids the best way she knows how.  I felt alot of the comments and posts lately to be painting SAHM's in a negative light.  Sorry but that is just how I was perceiving them.

Quoting Ultra_:

Lumping together how? Was someone talking BAD about it? I saw the post saying that there is only a few ways to be a single SAHM. I didn't take it to be lumping together in a negative way in the OP. Unless people were commenting such.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)