Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

GO HARD YOU PANSY!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

So, I reached my weight limit of 300lbs. I told myself if I ever got that fat, I'd do something about it, or die.

I'm not about to go offing myself, so I started working out, and usually at the first sign of soreness I quit, and for the last 3 weeks, that has been my work out....10 or so crunches, and I can't even get a pushup...

Well, today I weighed myself, and I was 301lbs...FUCK THAT! I got pissed at myself, and started working out right away. I did 5 songs on Zumba, usually I only do 2, and as I was doing crunches, I got to 10, and I stopped myself, because it hurt...then I realized...this is why I gained a pound, and I actually yelled at myself saying "GO HARD YA PANSY!" I had to laugh at myself a little, but damn it, I'm tired of being fat. Hopefully next weeks weigh in will be better results...even though I only gained 1lb, 1lb is too much. It is unacceptable for me to be like this. I think it finally clicked in my head.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ttriddick
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Man loosing weight is such a bit@h isn't it? You CAN do this! Just remember, if it doesn't hurt/cause you soreness it probably isn't working. Pause the workout tape if you get winded but get right back to it after you get your breath back. Just don't cool down without stretching again! Also I found out that when I get sore from crunches if I get on all fours and kick each of my legs back 20 times the soreness usually goes away and I can do more. Or do sets of 10 throughout the day. You got this lady! I know we will be seeing your before and after pics. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:03 PM

In a year I'll probably post before and after pics. I have a long road to walk.

Quoting ttriddick:

Man loosing weight is such a bit@h isn't it? You CAN do this! Just remember, if it doesn't hurt/cause you soreness it probably isn't working. Pause the workout tape if you get winded but get right back to it after you get your breath back. Just don't cool down without stretching again! Also I found out that when I get sore from crunches if I get on all fours and kick each of my legs back 20 times the soreness usually goes away and I can do more. Or do sets of 10 throughout the day. You got this lady! I know we will be seeing your before and after pics. :)

DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Good luck!! Stick with it and you'll look amazing. It's hard, but it definitely pays off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
milseymama
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:09 PM

getting through to yourself is the hardest part

nataliesmom2012
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:19 PM

I actually found myself screaming at myself in my head today while I was out for a run. It was the first time I've ran since before I got pregnant (DD is a year old now)I had to run 3 miles. Instead of hearing the cars driving past or the sounds of nature, all I could hear was that voice inside my head screaming "Don't you dare slow down! If you stop, you're a failure!" and a bunch of stuff like that. I think it actually helped. Of course I didn't run the entire 3 miles, I walked a good bit of it but it helped me push myself to my limits. Good luck with the weight loss!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:23 PM
That's good. But you have to eat a lot less too. Smaller portions. No sodas. No white flour. Protein snacks ,no donuts or cookies. Good breakfast,medium sized lunch small dinner. Don't eat after 7pm.
Good luck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this

My problem was bored snacking. I cut that shit out last week, lol. I'm doing a lot better with the food, but the laziness was getting to me. Not today though...now I'm ready.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's good. But you have to eat a lot less too. Smaller portions. No sodas. No white flour. Protein snacks ,no donuts or cookies. Good breakfast,medium sized lunch small dinner. Don't eat after 7pm.
Good luck!

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:18 PM

I took vitamin B Complex. Worked awesome!

bluedolly01
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:56 PM
Ever heard the saying "no pain no gain"?

Not that you want to be hurting yourself to the point of injury but it needs to hurt a little. Its a sign that your muscles are working.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Its amazing what vitamins will do. I started taking a mulitivitamin, and I must have been missing something because I feel 10 times better, and I stopped biting my nails and eating so much food.

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

I took vitamin B Complex. Worked awesome!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)