Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What stereotype do you fall into?

Posted by   + Show Post
I'm your average small town country girl. I can't stand to be in big cities for more than a day or so, I have an accent, I like hunting and fishing and mud riding. I know how to live of the land and prefer camping with no utilities to five star hotels. I am the country stereo type and I like it! Lol I am not trashy though! I do know how to act in public settings and can be ladylike in social settings.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Replies (41-50):
ACDC_fan
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:48 PM

in high school i was DEFINITELY the barefoot stoner hippie with long hair. Nowadays....pretty much the same, just not as stoner-ish lmao.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:49 PM

I am a New Yorker to the core. I live in the suburbs for the school, but I love the city. I am a (mostly) SAHM and I live in a well to do area. I like nice things, but I am not snobby about it. I don't spend money frivolously, I prefer to save for a rainy day. I don't buy designer clothes, purses, shoes etc. I think they are a waste of money. I have a degree, but am pursing a masters.

I listen to goth/industrial music, and I love 80's music too primarily and I have a couple of celtic tattoos. My nose is pierced, but I haven't worn the stud in years. My hair is black, but not an unusual black, it could be a natural color. I am pretty open minded about music, but I *hate* country music,  and"country lite" as I like to call Taylor Swift and company. I don't mind rap, but it's not my preferred music.

I like being outside. I enjoy exercizing, but I am not zealous about it. I like to live an active life, but am not opposed to a few glasses of wine to relax (when I am not pregnant of course!)

poshkat
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:49 PM
I live in the boonies in upstate N.Y. here I'm a "flatlander", city girl. When I visit NYC I am a "hill towner", hick. I also fit under the title of jap. Jewish American princess, typical isreali with certain people, or American when in israel.

I also fit in the catagory of generation y. Mid to late 90s kid.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:50 PM
I fit into a lot of stereotypes... I was raised till age eight literally in the woods - we had fifteen acres out in the middle of nowhere. We ran around barefoot in the forest as kids.
Then we moved into a small town, but up in the "rich hills" part of it... We lived there for awhile and I got spoiled like a little rich girl (we had a lot of money from selling our country land).
Then I grew up and moved out and became the quintessential "hipster" college kid - piercings, alternative style clothes, dumpy studio apartment downtown... Then I got married and pregnant and toned all that down to the point that, now, you couldn't even tell I have ever been anything other than a relatively straight-laced, poor-as-dirt SAHM.
Kaya529
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:50 PM
I don't fall into any one category. I am usually told I am different. Sometimes it's a compliment and sometimes it's not.
MaMa_Te3
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Hmm...I fit into the "military wives have a lot of kids" stereotype lol, and I guess I'm a pretty typical "crunchy" mom, and my friends call me  "the soccer mom" since my kids are involved in a million things, including soccer lol.

UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:52 PM
Exact opposite of you. Which is why I loathe where I live.
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I fit a lot of the country girl stereotype but I would prefer a nice hotel to camping and I don't care to hunt. I want other people to hunt and then bring me the deer jerky. LOL

punkasscanuck
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:53 PM

nice jersey!!!!! the leafs are going to win the cup this year tho....lolololol!

Quoting tifbrown:

I don't know that I fall into any other than the "oh what a good little mommy" thing. Don't get me wrong, it's a compliment and I take it as such. But I'm not perfect. It makes me feel pressured to be the perfect mom.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:00 PM

I've been called a ghetto thug before. WTF that is, I've no idea. Probably because I'm a city girl at heart, can't stand country music, I really only like rap & what some consider "hip hop" I have tattoos and I'm probably the one blaring the music next to you at the stop light. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)