Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How soon is to soon *eta

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:10 PM
  • 18 Replies

To start dating again. My husband and I have been "separated" for a week and a half and my friends think I should put a profile on dating sights. The thought of dating and getting to know someone new and then all that comes with it scares the shit out of me....is it wrong to just want to be alone for a while?

eta* I should add that I am not interested in any dating right now..I am just wondering what everyone thinks because my friends seem to think I should jump in with both feet...

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2threebbz
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:11 PM

bump

ATG499
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Don't date until you're divorced.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Holy fuck. A week and a half, so ten days and your friends already want you on dating sites. Whooo, I think you are right in wanting to be alone for awhile.
.Nobody.
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Not wrong at all. I think your being smart... Take some time for yourself.

Don't let anyone rush you into a new relationship. Especially an online one :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
she_walk_softly
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Relish in being on your own!!

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:13 PM

NO.  It is only the right time when YOU choose.  If the thought scares you and you want time alone, then take time alone and tell your friends to bug off!

Not to mention, I mean dating sites?  Really?  I know they work wonders for some people, but it hasn't even been official for 2 weeks.  You could probably meet someone in person if you tried, have it be safer, more natural, etc

Don't let yourself be scared forever.  Consider therapy if you think you are becoming reclusive or remain afraid.  But for now, focus on YOU and YOUR needs, and the needs of your children.  If you meet someone, great.  If not, great.  If you decide to go on the scene big time and use a dating site, great.  But if it isn't on YOUR terms, it won't work in the first place.

mom2threebbz
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Fair enough lol. I just think its weird that they want me to start dating when my heart is still broken...

Quoting ATG499:

Don't date until you're divorced.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this

You should wait until you are divorced.

badylugs80
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Slow down!! Take some time to get to know you again before you go looking for someone else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:14 PM

There is no hurry you are not even divorced. I will never understand why people think you have to rush into a new relationship. I know when my ex I split I needed time to recover from my heart break and concentrate on my children and what they were having to go through.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)