Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you get rid of your pet if..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 91 Replies
Say you had a cat and your child bothered it and ignored warning signs (hissing, moaning, running away and hiding) and your child continued to bother it (pulling its tail, poking its paws) and the cat bit or scratched your child, would you get rid of it? I'm NOT talking about dogs because they can actually do serious damage if they attack. I'm talking about a regular cat or maybe even a bunny, ferret, etc. I will explain after I get some opinions based on the info above.

Just to clarify, this is not about a cat just being mean or scratching unprovoked. It's about it acting out due to being pestered.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atyou
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:26 PM
8 moms liked this
No.

I would teach my kid how to treat the cat.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:26 PM

No. I would teach my child about how to handle a pet. It's not a toy and it has feelings. 

Paranoai
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:26 PM
2 moms liked this

i dont like cats so hell yes.

IFartGlitter
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes. If the child is not old or mature enough to learn about proper animal behavior, it's not fair to the child OR the pet to keep the pet around. If I was a cat, I don't imagine I'd like being tormented all day. And if I was a child, I wouldn't like my eyes clawed out. 

stephiebugg
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:27 PM

No. I would teach my child NOT to do those things to an animal. It's not the cat's fault it's being harrassed!
I have a very tolerant cat. She used to hiss at kids that visited us. When I got pregnant I was worried how she'd be. She loves my 5 and 3 year old girls, she cuddles in bed with them and is great. I guess she got used to having kids around.

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:27 PM
Nope. I'd teach my child how to treat animals.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:27 PM

If the cat wasn't attacking the child unprovoked no. I wold teach my child how to play easy with kitty.

jillbailey26
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this

No.  I would teach my child to leave the cat alone or to pet it properly.  If the cat was just a mean cat and bit and scratched no matter what, I would get rid of the cat.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:27 PM
Lol nope
My children has done that to our animals and the animals protected themselves

I got on to the children
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:28 PM

No my child would learn how to treat the cat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)