Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Same sex marriage

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 61 Replies
4 moms liked this
Why are people so against same sex marriages? Is it because its supposed to be a religious thing? Why stop at fighting same sex marriages lets stop atheists from getting married to since they don't have a religion. Or should their marriages be called civil unions since they don't believe in god? The sooner you über religious people mind your own business the better everyone will be. They can't make a mockery out if because it has already been made that.
It has been on my mind for a while since I'm doing a paper on it. I know its a dead horse.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:05 PM
Bump
missamanda86
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:05 PM
2 moms liked this

dead horse

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:06 PM
I'm doing a paper on it for English so its been on my mind

Quoting missamanda86:

dead horse

SillySally83
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:08 PM
This post has only been done 1,334,567,898 times. Some people are against it...some people are for it ...oh well.
missamanda86
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Well you should have said that! In all honesty, for some people I think its the fear of the unknown, the fear that it could be their kids, grandkids, etc. To a lot of the older generation, it wasnt openly accepted in their time, so its still wrong in their eyes. As far as the younger generation, I think its people breeding ignorance, but thats jmo

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm doing a paper on it for English so its been on my mind

Quoting missamanda86:

dead horse

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Technically it is a civil union because they (atheists) didn't get married in the church. It doesn't matter if I call a horse a purple monkey, it's still a horse. Same sex marriage is technically a civil union because no church will let them get married. Call it what you want.

jas_momof2
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this

If you're doing a paper, why don't you just search the site for one of the many many many many many posts where this has been discussed?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:10 PM
I'm too lazy to search for it.

Quoting jas_momof2:

If you're doing a paper, why don't you just search the site for one of the many many many many many posts where this has been discussed?

jas_momof2
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:28 PM
2 moms liked this

That's pretty pathetic.  It would have taken less effort to type it in a search bar than to make a post.  Or even reply to me...

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm too lazy to search for it.

Quoting jas_momof2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)