Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Same sex marriage

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 61 Replies
4 moms liked this
Why are people so against same sex marriages? Is it because its supposed to be a religious thing? Why stop at fighting same sex marriages lets stop atheists from getting married to since they don't have a religion. Or should their marriages be called civil unions since they don't believe in god? The sooner you ├╝ber religious people mind your own business the better everyone will be. They can't make a mockery out if because it has already been made that.
It has been on my mind for a while since I'm doing a paper on it. I know its a dead horse.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:05 PM
Bump
missamanda86
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:05 PM
2 moms liked this

dead horse

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:06 PM
I'm doing a paper on it for English so its been on my mind

Quoting missamanda86:

dead horse

SillySally83
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:08 PM
This post has only been done 1,334,567,898 times. Some people are against it...some people are for it ...oh well.
missamanda86
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Well you should have said that! In all honesty, for some people I think its the fear of the unknown, the fear that it could be their kids, grandkids, etc. To a lot of the older generation, it wasnt openly accepted in their time, so its still wrong in their eyes. As far as the younger generation, I think its people breeding ignorance, but thats jmo

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm doing a paper on it for English so its been on my mind

Quoting missamanda86:

dead horse

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Technically it is a civil union because they (atheists) didn't get married in the church. It doesn't matter if I call a horse a purple monkey, it's still a horse. Same sex marriage is technically a civil union because no church will let them get married. Call it what you want.

jas_momof2
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this

If you're doing a paper, why don't you just search the site for one of the many many many many many posts where this has been discussed?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:10 PM
I'm too lazy to search for it.

Quoting jas_momof2:

If you're doing a paper, why don't you just search the site for one of the many many many many many posts where this has been discussed?

jas_momof2
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:28 PM
2 moms liked this

That's pretty pathetic.  It would have taken less effort to type it in a search bar than to make a post.  Or even reply to me...

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm too lazy to search for it.

Quoting jas_momof2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)