Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When you were pregnant (and if you are pregnant)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 72 Replies

Did you interview different caretakers (ob, midwives) and tour different places before choosing a place to have your baby?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MalakbelLacuna
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:27 PM
1 mom liked this
no, I did not. I went to the doctor's office my mom went to. I would have gone to the midwifing center she went to with my youngest sister, but they are all the way in Chapel Hill
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:27 PM

No. I found out extremely late in my pregnancy and went with the dr they suggested.

Photo: -Randi.Photo

happy41ce
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:28 PM
No I searched the best doc on my insurance and it is a practice of 4 women.. Brand new office. That's what I wanted
baquick
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:28 PM
No. I went to the OB who delivered my GP's 5 children. I trusted her referral. He only practices at one hospital in the area, which happens to be one of the best in the area, and has a level 3 NICU. If I didn't like him, I would have picked a different OB.
CatherineNewton
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:29 PM

no i went to my ob office because i like them and why would i switch my ob because i'm pregnant? its part of there job hahaha

gilbertgrl627
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:29 PM

With my first, I chose the hospital where my midwife delivered. I did tour it beforehand, and it was really nice, so I went with it. Went back there with my second. With my third, we have moved to another state. I had an OB, toured the hospital she was with, and wasn't impressed (labor/delivery rooms, and then recovery rooms). Then, I asked her about having my tubes tied and she said she couldn't do that because the hospital is a Catholic hospital. So, I started looking at other hospitals and other OBs (hard to find midwives here). Anyway, found one, she was/is awesome, toured the hospital, and it was awesome, so that's what I did.

shylynn22
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:29 PM
I got a great dr, and had the baby at the hospital she works with
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Nope I went wit h my original gyno and stuck with the hospital closest by

JakesMom712
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Yes. My ob came highly recommended, but I wanted to deliver at a birthing center. I researched three before making my decision.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:31 PM

No.  I chose a practice based off recommendations from friends, and they only delivered at 2 hospitals when I was pregnant with my first.  The hospital I delivered at I chose because it was the only one of the two that had a NICU in case we needed it.

I used the same practice with my second and by then they stopped delivering at the other hospital, so dd2 was born at the same hospital as dd1.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured