Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Valentine's Day is not a real holiday!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Stop asking me what Im buying for my kids, isn't Valentine's day for couples? When in sam hell did we start making this Christmas #2 and buying stuff for kids. You're not a in romantic way with kids (ew and ew) so stop asking me that. BTW, everyone doesn't celebrate this stupid ass, dumb Hallmark, fake ass holiday. No im not single either. Stop it already!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:29 PM
Replies (11-20):
MrsWhite101610
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:34 PM
I'm going to get dd a stuffed animal and a small box of candy, dh I have no idea yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:34 PM

why though? Do you know the history behind Vday?

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

I'm going to get dd a stuffed animal and a small box of candy, dh I have no idea yet.

Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:34 PM

I get my daughters a card and the older one gets a little cheap heart box of chocolates.  DD2 is too young for that.  Telling someone you love them doesn't have to be romantic.

I'm getting some sexy lingerie for hubby, though!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:35 PM
3 moms liked this

My parents use to give me candy which is nothing like Christmas. There is nothing wrong with showing love your your kids. Stop trying to make it sexual

MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Gah you sound so unhappy. Its all in good fun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this

it's for lovers and its not even a real holiday

Quoting Anonymous:

My parents use to give me candy which is nothing like Christmas. There is nothing wrong with showing love your your kids. Stop trying to make it sexual

davnrori
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:35 PM

I agree with you! I don't have to share EVERYTHING with my kids. When they grow up and have SO's then they can get stuff for V-Day. Until then, say hello to the babysitter for that night :)

happy41ce
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry that you are so against letting kids have fun. What you do with your kids is what you do.. And how and what I do with my kids is what we will continue to do.. Your depressing rant will not change the fact I will let my kids make the best out of it and have fun.

Quoting Anonymous:

I had plenty of childhood without celebrating fake holidays.

Quoting happy41ce:

I want my kids to have a childhood thy will remember... Candy and a stuffed animal is fine. After all, they will see mommy get something and I think it's only right to have that tradition with them. Shrugs. What you do with your kids is what you do...

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
iwilliams76
by Irene on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Cupid isn't real! He didn't go sround shooting anyone with arrows. LOL! It's all made up crap. If you don't like it, don't celebrate.  

Quoting Anonymous:

because cupid didnt' go around shooting kids in the ass and having unnatural way towards kids. This isn't about them. 

Quoting iwilliams76:

I always buy my daughter a small box of chocolates or other Valentine's candy. Why does it have to be just for couples? KIds give each other Valentines in school. What's the big deal? I wouldn't go overboard with gifts for anyone on Valentine's day.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:36 PM

there's nothing fun about wasting hard earned money on trash.

Quoting MrS.GiFFord:

Gah you sound so unhappy. Its all in good fun.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN