Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Valentine's Day is not a real holiday!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Stop asking me what Im buying for my kids, isn't Valentine's day for couples? When in sam hell did we start making this Christmas #2 and buying stuff for kids. You're not a in romantic way with kids (ew and ew) so stop asking me that. BTW, everyone doesn't celebrate this stupid ass, dumb Hallmark, fake ass holiday. No im not single either. Stop it already!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:29 PM
Replies (21-30):
Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Doesn't matter the history.  So kids shouldn't give each other Valentine's at school?  it's a stupid Hallmark holiday but fun for kids and can be great with your partner.  Not sure why you're getting so bent out of shape about this.  Don't celebrate it if you're that fucking bothered by it, jeez.

Quoting Anonymous:

why though? Do you know the history behind Vday?

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

I'm going to get dd a stuffed animal and a small box of candy, dh I have no idea yet.

lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Valentine's Day is not just for couples. You sound bitter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirita323
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:37 PM

In my family, it's the girls' holiday. I get/make something for my mom and sister. It's not about romance, it's about love. It's been this way since before spouses, and this way, you're never disappointed because it has nothing to do with guys, sisters/moms are always there. And it's nothing big either lol, I made homemade laundry soap for my mom and put it in a dollar store tin.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:39 PM

It's not Christmas #2. I got my kids a little felt bag and put candy in it. Nothing near Christmas level of presents. Growing up I got a little something on every holiday. You can celebrate yours how you want and I will as well. And I can even do that on a day that isn't a holiday if I feel like it. I love my children and that's one way I show them that I love them.

SaraLovesEli29
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:39 PM
Who the fuck cares if it's a real holiday? If people want to go out and buy their kids something for Valentine's Day, then they can.

It has nothing to do with you. You're not spending any of your money. Get over yourself.
My mom and dad always got me something. It has nothing to do with sexual crap. It's just something fun.
You just sound like a horrible, bitter human being.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this

But it's not your money. I can waste my money how ever I want and to me, making my kids happy or enjoying a silly day isn't a waste.

Quoting Anonymous:

there's nothing fun about wasting hard earned money on trash.

Quoting MrS.GiFFord:

Gah you sound so unhappy. Its all in good fun.

MrsWhite101610
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:43 PM
I'm going to get it because dd seen a little elephant she likes. Just like if she seen anything else she liked and had been behaved.

Quoting Anonymous:

why though? Do you know the history behind Vday?

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

I'm going to get dd a stuffed animal and a small box of candy, dh I have no idea yet.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hollyandjason
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:50 PM
I always plan a dinner for the kids and DH, I put a red table cloth on the table along with cards and candys!

What's the big deal its all about showing love!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:50 PM
2 moms liked this

My birthday and anniversary aren't real holidays but I can sure act like they are. 

Quoting Anonymous:

it's not a real holiday!

Quoting jessi19:

im getting my dd a little teddy bear with some chocolates, and we'll probably do a valentines day craft and maybe bake a heart shaped cake. shes 4 and its fun! but i will be getting my so a pocket watch he wants and were cooking steak and lobster together. im really excited :)

grouchymama
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Maybe you didn't attend public school but, Valentines Day is big with the kiddies. My kids(5,4 and 2) are super excited about the party and passing out valentines. Trust me, I spend way more time helping the kids with their valentines than I spend on DH. LOL

I usually get my kids one of the little boxes with about 4 pieces of candy and something useful but not necessary. This year I am getting them a hooded towel to use for their swim lessons. ($10 total) Your post makes is sound like getting my kids a gift makes me a pedophile.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN