Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Valentine's Day is not a real holiday!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Stop asking me what Im buying for my kids, isn't Valentine's day for couples? When in sam hell did we start making this Christmas #2 and buying stuff for kids. You're not a in romantic way with kids (ew and ew) so stop asking me that. BTW, everyone doesn't celebrate this stupid ass, dumb Hallmark, fake ass holiday. No im not single either. Stop it already!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:29 PM
Replies (31-40):
SillySally83
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:52 PM

It is a real holiday in the sense that it is a religious holy day... St. Valentine... lol

We don't celebrate it either, but it's still a holiday in the literal sense of the word.

curlycupcake
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:52 PM
I hate valentines day. In the neat 12 years we've been married I've refused to celebrate every year. I told my kids they could pick out a treat the day after when it all goes 50% off lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KatieFlower
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:53 PM

My kids get a little stuffedy and a little heart shaped chocolate. my husband gets a big box or chocolate and whatever else i can think he might like maybe some chocolate strawberries/  i always thought the people who say valentines day is stupid are the people who dont get presents from their man anymore

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this

You seem like a delightful person...

Josie_P
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:54 PM

I'm Eastern Orthodox. St. Valentine is a real person and holiday, for lack of better words. We celebrate him on 6 July but not the way the 14 February holiday is celebrated.

mama3p
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:54 PM

sarcasm

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:56 PM

I get my kids a small box of chocolates and a valentine card.  Why? Because they are my little valentines

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:56 PM

right on Sista!

Quoting curlycupcake:

I hate valentines day. In the neat 12 years we've been married I've refused to celebrate every year. I told my kids they could pick out a treat the day after when it all goes 50% off lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:57 PM
*Stomps foot* It's not a holiday, dammit! I want to be ridiculously pissed about something petty! Yes, Valentine's Day! Fuck Valentine's Day! Yes I love my family but fuck Hallmark! I'm not gonna show them with flowers, cute teddy bears and little gifts! I'm just gonna bitch! God Dammit!

In other words, you're fucking lame and so is this stupid ass temper tantrum.
lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:57 PM

We don't celebrate Valentine's Day.

We strive to treat each other well every day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)