Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Valentine's Day is not a real holiday!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Stop asking me what Im buying for my kids, isn't Valentine's day for couples? When in sam hell did we start making this Christmas #2 and buying stuff for kids. You're not a in romantic way with kids (ew and ew) so stop asking me that. BTW, everyone doesn't celebrate this stupid ass, dumb Hallmark, fake ass holiday. No im not single either. Stop it already!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:29 PM
Replies (41-50):
goodmama85
by Diamond Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:59 PM
why does other ppl who celebrate bother you so much? if you don't celebrate it fine leave the rest of us who do alone I don't see a problem with kids celebrating.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:59 PM

its the devil! He wants you to spend money on stupid candies and fancy stockings.

Quoting goodmama85:

why does other ppl who celebrate bother you so much? if you don't celebrate it fine leave the rest of us who do alone I don't see a problem with kids celebrating.

CatherineNewton
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:00 PM

your just hateing valentines day is real to people who like to have a nice dinner or to have a fun craft to do with kids. 

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Maybe some of us celebrate it because we like having an excuse to celebrate.  Don't Hate. I also celebrate Pi day, World Pie day, Star Wars Day, Talk like a pirate Day, Guy Fawkes Day, and Martin Luther King Jr. day. 

goodmama85
by Diamond Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:01 PM
I don't buy all that lol I just buy cards,candy and balloons for my mom and kids. I'm single so I don't have to worry about buying for a partner lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

its the devil! He wants you to spend money on stupid candies and fancy stockings.

Quoting goodmama85:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:03 PM

a bunch of holidays I've never heard of. Pirate day does sound interesting though.

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

Maybe some of us celebrate it because we like having an excuse to celebrate.  Don't Hate. I also celebrate Pi day, World Pie day, Star Wars Day, Talk like a pirate Day, Guy Fawkes Day, and Martin Luther King Jr. day. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:03 PM

why wait one day to do it?

Quoting CatherineNewton:

your just hateing valentines day is real to people who like to have a nice dinner or to have a fun craft to do with kids. 

spunky946
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:03 PM

I agree.  My kids don't get anything and I don't need anything either.

SterlingHeart
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:04 PM

lol are people flooding your inbox personally with these questions?  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:05 PM

yes honey child, the nerve of them

Quoting SterlingHeart:

lol are people flooding your inbox personally with these questions?  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured