Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help with kids..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

I honestly have no idea what else to do. If I could get Super Nanny or whatever that ladys name is over here I would be calling her in a heartbeat. I have a 6 year old and a 4 year old. All they do is whine and fight with each other. They don't clean, they don't help when I ask them to, they don't feed their pets, they don't do anything. Their reasoning is "daddy doesn't do anything" (and he doesn't do a damn thing, I seriously wish you guys could see the mess he's left...it makes me cry, but he's an entirely different post).

I've taken toys away, I've unplugged the t.v., I've sent them to their rooms, I've put them in corners, I've spanked, I've yelled, I've cried, I've screamed. I don't know what else to do. I told them they have 3 days to get their bedroom and playrooms cleaned (since we're having a party Saturday night and are considering having the guests bring their kids as well), or else every single bit of their stuff goes in the garbage. I have cleaned their rooms, I have organized, bought containers, labels, and showed them where everything goes. They destroy the rooms, clothes everywhere, beds unmade, toys all over the floor in the playroom where they can't even walk. They start bringing the shit in here in the living room, which I don't mind if a toy or two come in here but they DONT PICK IT UP. They just leave it. 

I've offered allowance, treats, rewards, as well. Not a damn thing works. DD may help with laundry sometimes but they youngest sits down and screams whenever I ask them to clean up...if I hear "IM TOO TIRED" and "I CANT DO THAT MUCH CLEANING" one more time I don't know what I'm going to do.

Please help, I'm in tears right now.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Nothing will get better until you steel your spine, get your husband on board and discipline those kids appropriately. You don't need Super Nanny. You need to look at your situation and implement techniques that work for you. If you don't know any, take a parenting class. If your husband won't help, tell him it's marriage counseling or the road. Take charge of your situation and change it!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:56 PM
For a minute I thought I wrote this and forgot about it. I have the same problems with similarly aged kids. I have decided to stop arguing. Whatever is left on the floor at the end of the day just disappears after they go to bed.

I will let you know if it works.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:09 PM
First off get rid of ALL Pets!! The pets don't deserve the sub-par treatment and the bad a$$ children don't deserve pets. Next start donating toys that are left out and what ever you do DO NOT replace them.. After they see you mean business they can get pb&j until they learn to pick up after themselves. I assure you it will be just fine in 3 weeks time. There's no way I would ever let my house get like that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)