Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is it true deployed servicemembers are no longer being served breakfast?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 64 Replies

my nephew is deoyed and my sister was told that they are no longer being fed hot breakfast. they get a meal ready to eat.

that does not sound right.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Bump
ff-princess
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:26 PM

what doesn't sound right about it?  MRE's are for this inherent purpose - to feed our troops in an environment where 3 square meals a day is not essential to the mission.

do you have any clue how many calories are in an MRE?  when I was in, they would only let women eat half of them because otherwise you were going to go over weight regs awful quick.  and they're really not that bad, there were only two that I had that were noxious, and I'm somehow sure that the ham and cheese omlette is no longer on the menu.

HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:26 PM
Sounds about right to me. They eat a lot of MRE deployed. My husband ate mostly those craptastic things when he was out in the field training those soldiers for deployment.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lalaballet
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Dh had a breakfast.  I can ask my neighbor, he gets home soon from Afghanistan. 

TrouserMouse
by Emerald Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:27 PM
Maybe he is just in a location that does not have the facilities or capabilities for it. It could happen.
MommyRJ
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:27 PM
That's sad
ff-princess
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:27 PM

here's the bottom line - kinda true, but mostly not.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/breakfast.asp

lalaballet
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Same here for dh.

Quoting HistoryNutty:

Sounds about right to me. They eat a lot of MRE deployed. My husband ate mostly those craptastic things when he was out in the field training those soldiers for deployment.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Some are in an area where there are able to eat cooked food, many are not. Dh went many weeks between cooked meals when he was deployed

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:30 PM
It will really depend on where he is at but dh has always had three hot meals a day during deployment and he has always been on tiny firing bases in the middle of nowhere.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured