Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would it bother to if someone of the opposite sex was confiding to your S.O

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:11 PM
  • 48 Replies
About his-her relationship? Asking for advice? (and to clarify I mean opposite sex of your S.O) Would it make you suspicious? Would you not even care to know? Would you be happy your relationship is good enough others ask you for advice? How would you feel?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Junesmommy18
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:12 PM
Unless youre also with a woman...then the question would change to if another Lady was confiding in her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kzuehlk
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:13 PM
I really wouldn't care. My SO even has an ex he talks to/hangs out with occasionally. Her relationships are a mess and he hears plenty of complaining. It doesn't bother me at all
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:14 PM
3 moms liked this
Yes. I don't mind my husband having female friends but when those friends start telling him things they should only discuss with their husband that annoys me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:14 PM
Actually, I wish we had opposite sex friends. I think when you connect with someone on a friend level the sex shouldn't matter. But it does. I've missed out on some good friends because of this rule.
oboe_chik
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:15 PM
No i wouldnt be suspicious. I would be happy my dh ando have a strong enough relationship that someone would want his advice. My closest friend is a man i have known since i was 14 and dated a little while but figured there was no spark romantically and have bwen good friends ever since.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:15 PM
Only if it's for advice. My husband is a private person though, and he only works with men. I would be suspicious if a woman was suddenly asking for advice. I'd ask him where the heck she came from! :P
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
poshkat
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:15 PM
Yup. And I'm happy to say she is gone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:16 PM
2 moms liked this
Yes it would bother me. That's how it all starts
SillySally83
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Depends... do I know her? Has hubs known her a while? Are they good friends? Do she and her SO hang out with us? 

If she's a good friend of his I don't care.

If she and I are friends I don't care.

If she and her SO are our friends I don't care.

If she's just some random chick I've never met I would question her motives lol.

Kitschy
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:16 PM
2 moms liked this

It depends on their relationship. I wouldn't want hubby sharing anything personal about our relationship with another woman, just as I don't talk to my guy friends about him. I would hope he would be uncomfortable being on the receiving end as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)