Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want to be pregnant

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
DH and I have one child, a 5 1/2 year old son. We are done at one. I am a full time premed student in the second semester of my junior year.

Financially, we cannot have another child. Our son attends an amazing private school (on a partial scholarship) and our budget cannot stretch anymore and still accommodate that.

I will NOT send him to the public school. We have our activities we enjoy but I still have this longing for another of my own.

Logically, I KNOW we cannot have another but baby fever is hitting me HARD. :-(
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:40 PM
Replies (21-30):
paknari
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:28 PM
My sister and user 13 years apart. I have to say I couldn't stand it when I was younger and we weren't really close. Now we are really good friends and she comes to me for things she doesn't neccesarily want to go to mom with.

Quoting Anonymous:

I guess but I don't want my kids 12-15 years apart. Why must I be logical and rational? LOL

Quoting paknari:

What about in a couple years? I know that's not super helpful but doctors make good money eventually.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymotherof6
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:26 AM

dont wait have your babies now do not worry everythings works itself out that is apart of life.

you will be so happy when you meet your newest addition it will be the best day of your life:)

Quoting Anonymous:

28 and 30

Quoting happymotherof6:

how old are you guys?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:07 AM
I'm not waiting. I'm not having anymore.

Quoting happymotherof6:

dont wait have your babies now do not worry everythings works itself out that is apart of life.

you will be so happy when you meet your newest addition it will be the best day of your life:)

Quoting Anonymous:

28 and 30

Quoting happymotherof6:

how old are you guys?

dfournier0922
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:18 AM
There is 6 yrs between me and one brother and 21 yrs between me and my baby brother. My son is 8 months younger than my brother. But I love my brother. And there is no sibling rivalry with this age gap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymotherof6
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:20 PM

so you are stopping at 1 child because of financial reasons?? or because you are not able to have another health wise?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting happymotherof6:

Quoting Anonymous:

28 and 30

Quoting happymotherof6:

how old are you guys?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:42 PM
Because of financial reasons and because, by the time we can have another our son will be 15-16 and I just don't want my kids that far apart.

Quoting happymotherof6:

so you are stopping at 1 child because of financial reasons?? or because you are not able to have another health wise?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting happymotherof6:

Quoting Anonymous:

28 and 30

Quoting happymotherof6:

how old are you guys?

happymotherof6
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:46 PM

it is not that expensive just for one more child...follow your heart and do not let financial stuff overwhelm you:)

Quoting Anonymous:

Because of financial reasons and because, by the time we can have another our son will be 15-16 and I just don't want my kids that far apart.

Quoting happymotherof6:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting happymotherof6:

Quoting Anonymous:

28 and 30

Quoting happymotherof6:

how old are you guys?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:39 PM
We cannot afford to send a second child to the school my son attends and we will not pull him out. Even 6 years from now it won't be feasible. I also have nobody to care for a baby while I'm in class (no online is not an option). I'm just lamenting what will never be. :-/
Thank you for your words though.

Quoting happymotherof6:

it is not that expensive just for one more child...follow your heart and do not let financial stuff overwhelm you:)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting happymotherof6:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting happymotherof6:

Quoting Anonymous:

28 and 30

Quoting happymotherof6:

how old are you guys?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:42 PM

I know that feeling... I have one 7 year old DS, and I don't think I could handle another child, but I miss being pregnant.

happymotherof6
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:09 PM

I'm sorry to hear this but please remember if you want to be a mommy for the second time you have the power to make it happen it doesnt need to be just a dream. sometimes it takes giving up some things:)

Quoting Anonymous:

We cannot afford to send a second child to the school my son attends and we will not pull him out. Even 6 years from now it won't be feasible. I also have nobody to care for a baby while I'm in class (no online is not an option). I'm just lamenting what will never be. :-/
Thank you for your words though.

Quoting happymotherof6:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting happymotherof6:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting happymotherof6:

Quoting Anonymous:

28 and 30

Quoting happymotherof6:

how old are you guys?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured