Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why on earth is this DB still famous!?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

http://www.spin.com/articles/chris-brown-deserves-respect-online-rant-instagram?fullsite=true

I wish people would just stop buying his shit so he would go away.

Just to get this out. I hate this subculture, and have no part of it nor do I listen to any of this crap "music", I am just in shock at how this guy still remains some type of public figure that kids look at like "he's cool, I wanna be like him...". I didn't give a shit til I read about the guy having a pic of his handy work on Rhianna tatted on his neck! Come the he on!!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:43 PM
Replies (21-30):
Babujai
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Actually I think your statement is a stretch. He was famous before he hit Rihanna because he is an extremely talented singer and gifted dancer. You think Rihanna would have been with him if he hadn't already been famous??? His violence and arrests have overshadowed his original claim to fame.

Quoting curlycupcake:

I think calling him "talented" is a stretch. He's famous for domestic violence. Which makes him a piece of untalented trash in my opinion.

Quoting AliKatAK47:

DB? Anyway Chris Brown is famous because he is a talented person who makes his money in front of the camera.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
curlycupcake
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Defense for his fame and not his talent? Interesting...
I'm sure he was. I never heard of him before, maybe I heard his music & didn't know though. I doubt he has any raw talent. Any talent associated with him probably goes to producers, writers, engineers... I prefer "real" musicians personally.

Quoting Anonymous:

He's been famous long before the beating.....

Quoting curlycupcake:

I think calling him "talented" is a stretch. He's famous for domestic violence. Which makes him a piece of untalented trash in my opinion.

Quoting AliKatAK47:

DB? Anyway Chris Brown is famous because he is a talented person who makes his money in front of the camera.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:22 PM
1 mom liked this

My neice actually bought a shirt that said "I would let Chris Brown hit me"...Yeah when she stayed  over, the dryer "ate" that shirt.

curlycupcake
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:24 PM
I refer to the post beneath your response.

Quoting Babujai:

Actually I think your statement is a stretch. He was famous before he hit Rihanna because he is an extremely talented singer and gifted dancer. You think Rihanna would have been with him if he hadn't already been famous??? His violence and arrests have overshadowed his original claim to fame.

Quoting curlycupcake:

Quoting AliKatAK47:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:28 PM
Man please! You're tired of negativity? Then do something positive with your life. He IS playing victim. All this backlash comes from your actions. Smh. "I'm wise..." My ass!
moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:38 PM
WOW!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

My neice actually bought a shirt that said "I would let Chris Brown hit me"...Yeah when she stayed  over, the dryer "ate" that shirt.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Her mom tried to force me to buy another one but I said no - that it was her fault for wearing it over here and it requiring washing.

Quoting moosesmom:

WOW!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Smh! Lol. Who allows their child to wear a shirt like that?!

Quoting Anonymous:

Her mom tried to force me to buy another one but I said no - that it was her fault for wearing it over here and it requiring washing.

Quoting moosesmom:

WOW!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Babujai
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:07 PM
I just recently discovered Blake Shelton. That doesn't mean he wasn't famous before, just that I was out of that particular loop. Chris Brown came on the scene at the age of 15 after teaching himself to sing and dance. He's only 23 now.

Quoting curlycupcake:

Defense for his fame and not his talent? Interesting...

I'm sure he was. I never heard of him before, maybe I heard his music & didn't know though. I doubt he has any raw talent. Any talent associated with him probably goes to producers, writers, engineers... I prefer "real" musicians personally.

Quoting Anonymous:

He's been famous long before the beating.....

Quoting curlycupcake:

Quoting AliKatAK47:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Not me thats for sure. DD hates chris brown. She has 2 songs that she likes, one she's working on as a slow, stripped down melody and a second that she's also transforming into her own. I want to force her to switch songs but is that really my place?

Quoting moosesmom:

Smh! Lol. Who allows their child to wear a shirt like that?!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting moosesmom:

WOW!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)