Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

those stupid mother... Bank of America

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 66 Replies

I opened a saving account online at BOA. It had been set up that a certain amount would be deducted every month from our account to go in to the savings account.

I stopped the auto deposit when we fell on some hard times. THEN I find out without the auto deposit they charge us $12.00 a month. LOLOLOLOLOLOL WHO IN THE HELL WOULD PAY 12 BUCKS A MONTH FOR A SAVINGS ACCOUNT. Of course I didn't find out until I went in to the account and saw that 12 bucks had been taken out each month for the last 3 months.

I transferred the money over  to checking and went to cancel the account, but no you can't cancel it online. So I had to drive there to cancel the account. Turns out since the original account was set up by my husband 9 years ago, he has to cancel the account, even though my name is on it.

WHAT?

So he goes in today on his lunch break (we just got charged 12 bucks by the way because it's a new month now) and closes the account.

They tell him it's closed but if there is any activity on the account in the next 90 days, they will reopen it. How can there be activity when the account it closed?

These dumb ass banks really do everything they can to stick it to you.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:46 PM
Damn! They suck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

Damn! They suck!

I mean really, why would any person ever pay to have a savings account?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:49 PM

bump!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I opened a saving account online at BOA. It had been set up that a certain amount would be deducted every month from our account to go in to the savings account.

I stopped the auto deposit when we fell on some hard times. THEN I find out without the auto deposit they charge us $12.00 a month. LOLOLOLOLOLOL WHO IN THE HELL WOULD PAY 12 BUCKS A MONTH FOR A SAVINGS ACCOUNT. Of course I didn't find out until I went in to the account and saw that 12 bucks had been taken out each month for the last 3 months.

I transferred the money over  to checking and went to cancel the account, but no you can't cancel it online. So I had to drive there to cancel the account. Turns out since the original account was set up by my husband 9 years ago, he has to cancel the account, even though my name is on it.

WHAT?

So he goes in today on his lunch break (we just got charged 12 bucks by the way because it's a new month now) and closes the account.

They tell him it's closed but if there is any activity on the account in the next 90 days, they will reopen it. How can there be activity when the account it closed?

if there are any pending withdrawals they will reopen and then you will be in the hole. SOP when closing an account.

but yeah the rest is BS. Small bank?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:51 PM

I understand what they mean, but 90 days is a long time.

It's bank of america

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

WHAT?

if there are any pending withdrawals they will reopen and then you will be in the hole. SOP when closing an account.

but yeah the rest is BS. Small bank?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:52 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

It's bank of america

hahaha-

you're fucked :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Bank of America? I hate that bank. My mortgage is thru them. I think it is dumb that we need to pay them in order to pay them. DUMB. So now we mail them a check.

Grumpylilpixy
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Yeah them and Wells Fargo are pretty strange banks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:53 PM

I've been wanting to move to a credit union for over a year now. I wish getting my husband to fill out paperwork at work wasn't so difficult. BOA is awful.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

It's bank of america

hahaha-

you're fucked :(

slw123
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:53 PM

This is exactly why I closed my accounts at BOA.  They started charging my kids savings acct's because they didn't have direct deposit.  My kids were 2 years old and 3 months old at the time!  I shut down everything all at once and let them know exactly what I thought of that practice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)