Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone had to deal with CPS & get the run around?? ETA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

I have a friend who has been trying to get ahold of her case worker or social worker or whatever it is & she can not get a return call. She has been trying since Monday to get ahold of someone. She was even told flat out to her face by the person handling the case that she is bad a returning calls. So whenever the friend calls CPS she talks to an intake worker who tells her to leave the person a message. 

I told her she needs to call & speak with a supervisor & quit waiting on a return call.

ETA: thanks ladies... somewhat helpful

I really hope my friend can get through to someone. Her 19mo DS was taken from her due to the neglect & blanant stupidity of her own 18yo DD (DD also got her 1yo DS & 2mo twin DSs taken from her) & the DD's moron of a bf. Friend's ex agreed to take friend's DS & the older grandson (the twins are in the hospital) but then decided that his other 2 kids (who are also friend's kids) were bonding too much with their half brother so he called CPS to come get him (but yet he is keeping his grandson). Now friend is trying to get a co-worker approved to take DS (CPS did tell her over the phone that it was possible if the co-worker passed inspection) & CPS is not returning calls when the co-worker calls to ask to set up the inspection. 

It's just one big mess... too long to explain the whole story as friend told it to me.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:22 PM

BUMP!

mmtosam06
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:24 PM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kayla4507
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:26 PM

yeah, my roommate(sisters baby daddy) had that happen to him. My sister had lied to CPS saying he was a horrible father, blah blah blah when in honesty, she was a horrible mother and was the reason the child was taken away. Anyways, They never answered when he called, which was pretty much every day, they never told him when visits were rescheduled. Didnt tell him his daughter was in physical therapy. Nothing. They would change visitations with no call, then just show up on morning. It was bull shit. 

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:27 PM
Yep, they are overworked
mereinhart28
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:29 PM

BUMP!

2metalbabies
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:32 PM
I have been waiting on a gas card so I can take my daughter to all these appointments dhs claims she needs, and I told them I can't afford to drive all over hell and back when there are therapists here in town. I was told I have to take her to their appointed therapists or I will be charged with denial of critical care. I have been waiting for a month to get some sort of reimbursement, but no one ever calls back.
chargette
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:33 PM

The run around is their standard response.  I can only think they are looking at how people handle stress.  This is really the only way they can guage people for their level of emotional stability.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)