Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Today is my dad's birthday.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

And I didn't even realize it. 

He died about 7 years ago. 

My parents were married until I graduated from high school. So I lived with him my entire childhood. 

He was a drunk and emotionally totally not there. He didn't do anything terrible, he just didn't have a whole lot to do with us. 

When my parents divorced we moved out of state and left him behind. I still saw him once a year until he died when I was 31. 

I didn't even realize it was his birthday until I noticed my aunt posted it on Facebook. I just cold about it. I never think about him. I guess I'm sad he died, but never really think about it. 

I am really upset that I realized I didn't even know when his birthday was. I don't know the anniversary of his death. I just never think about it. 

Is that normal?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:59 PM

I totally forgot! 

Unless the post had pictures of boobs, sex with animals, or something about food stamps no one in this group gives a shit. 

I wish I could post anon in a supportive group. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Not true and no you are NOT to feel bad for not remembering.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:07 PM
Sorry :(
Im no help but here's a bump for you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Not true and no you are NOT to feel bad for not remembering.

What's not true? 

Do you mean that all this group is for is the drama? If I posted this in any of my other groups I'd get tons of support. But I want to keep it private so I want to post anon. 

Here it gets to the third page with no replies because it's not a fun topic. 

I don't feel guilty that I forget. It just feel crappy that he means that little to me. 

my3makemehappy
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Sorry. =-( Today is my dad's birthday too. I haven't seen him or spoken to him in 25yrs, my parents divorced and he never looked back. The only reason I remember his birthday is because it's also my MIL's birthday. Pretty damn sad.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Quoting my3makemehappy:

Sorry. =-( Today is my dad's birthday too. I haven't seen him or spoken to him in 25yrs, my parents divorced and he never looked back. The only reason I remember his birthday is because it's also my MIL's birthday. Pretty damn sad.

thanks

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN