Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Blood Everywhere... HELP *TMI*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 75 Replies

Do not read on if any kind of womanly blood makes you queesy.

So yesterday I got my period, that's fine, it's right on time. So changed my pad a couple of times yesterday, bleeding wasn't ridiculously heavy, which is also normal; I've never had a heavy period in my life.

Changed my pad right before bed last night, woke up this morning, everything felt fine, until I stood up and it felt like someone had opened the flood gates! I just had to throw out a brand new pair of underwear and my pj pants because they were soaked, and I had blood running down my leg. Ran inside, had a shower, a bit more blood.

Now I think it may have settled down, but this is so bizzare. What would cause a heavier period like that?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:27 PM

Bump

lkane81
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Dunno but ever since my second and last dd was born i have had really heavy periods. In less than 2hours i can go through a super tampon and heavy pad. I have found the new.always infinity pads to be a god send. They allow me to sleep all nite. Luckily the heavy part last only 2 or 3 days then it slows down
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:29 PM
3 moms liked this
Sorry, that is normal for me
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:29 PM
No idea, hormonal changes, possible miscarriage.... Too many variables.... My
Only advice is is to inform your doctor and see if they can figure it out. BUMP
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:30 PM
No idea. I lose the amount of blood you're supposed to lose total in a single day! I'm going to the dr next week.
DarksMama
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:30 PM
3 moms liked this

Next time, don't throw your clothes away. Soak them in a bucket full of peroxide. As long as it's not dry, peroxide takes out the entire bloodstain. Just have to add fresh peroxide as needed to the stain comes clean, then wash like normal. Just have to glove up and give it a scrub every few minutes. Straight peroxide does the job.

Dee0886
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:31 PM

possible miscarriage? that's what it sounds like to me

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Eh, I don't have a regular doctor I go to, and I don't feel faint or anything, doubt a miscarriage would come on the exact day my period is due. Ah well. Thanks anyway. Hormonal changes is a possibility I suppose.

Quoting Anonymous:

No idea, hormonal changes, possible miscarriage.... Too many variables.... My
Only advice is is to inform your doctor and see if they can figure it out. BUMP

slw123
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Fibroid tumors can cause heavy periods.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I'll keep that in mind if it ever happens again, cheers :)

Quoting DarksMama:

Next time, don't throw your clothes away. Soak them in a bucket full of peroxide. As long as it's not dry, peroxide takes out the entire bloodstain. Just have to add fresh peroxide as needed to the stain comes clean, then wash like normal. Just have to glove up and give it a scrub every few minutes. Straight peroxide does the job.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)