Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Neighbor banned my dog?? -_-

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Seriously. Wtf he said that my dog should not go to the dog park anymore because I do not vaccinate. I told that man that parents had the right not to vaccinate kids. So, I have the right to not vaccinate my dog.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Replies (41-49):
elkmomma
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Sorry he's an ass but probably right. Vac's only help prevent or reduce the chances be it a dog or a child.  Call your local humane society or vet clinic about pricing.  I vac our dogs myself except for rabies.  You can get the 7/1 or 3/1 at your feed and tack store.  Rabies is probably only available at a vet though because of the tag that goes with it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:30 PM
The only vaccine that is mandatory in all states is Rabies.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:33 PM
You are required by law to vaccinate for rabies! If you do not have it, they can turn you in to animal control. You could be fined wnd possibly lose you dog if you dont comply.

Quoting Anonymous:

What's the difference between choosing not to vaccinate children and choosing not to vaccinate my dog?

Quoting Anonymous:

If there is a chance that they'll bite me yeah.  And adults can get rabies too.  I hope the guy reports you and your neglected dog is taken away.

Quoting Anonymous:

There are no kids at the dog park.

Do you also complain about non vaccinated children?

Quoting Anonymous:

No worries?  What about his kids? Rabies?

If his dog is vaccinated, he has no need to worry! Yours is the one that will suffer horribly if it gets parvovirus.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Ohhhhh, you're not being a responsible pet owner!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Very wordy.. I like it. And yes, rabies is the only exception. Hmm reminds me of a song....

And that was the day that I promised I'd never sing love, if it does not exist.
But darling, you are the only exception
You are, the only exception

Quoting Anonymous:

You are required by law to vaccinate for rabies! If you do not have it, they can turn you in to animal control. You could be fined wnd possibly lose you dog if you dont comply.

Quoting Anonymous:

What's the difference between choosing not to vaccinate children and choosing not to vaccinate my dog?

Quoting Anonymous:

If there is a chance that they'll bite me yeah.  And adults can get rabies too.  I hope the guy reports you and your neglected dog is taken away.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

If his dog is vaccinated, he has no need to worry! Yours is the one that will suffer horribly if it gets parvovirus.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:24 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Regardless of how ridiculous this post is she never said kids weren't allowed at the dog park. She said there are no kids at the dog park.

Quoting Anonymous:

Kids aren't allowed in the dog park? Wtf?
Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Obviously, if they are not banned she cannot say there would NEVER be children at the dog park.  Her answer only makes sense if that is what she is implying.  How would it affect the possibility of rabies spread if children are allowed and on occassion go, but the one time she was there she didn't see children?

MomOfTheBluHome
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:40 AM

BUMP!

cmfarm
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:54 AM

Okay silly troll. Are you trying to say people have a double  standard when it comes to vaccinating pets vs. children?

Aslen
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:56 AM
I really hope this is a troll post.
If not, your dog needs to be banned!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)