Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should this man have been banned from the bus?

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:41 PM
  • 24 Replies

I take the city bus almost every day and there is a gentlemen that I have seen on the bus quiet often. He is not "all there" mentally and has a whole bunch of signs that say things like "Jesus saves" and "serve the true God." Things like that. He takes the bus around the county and puts on  these one man parades with his signs. He's a little weird, but he's harmless so I just shrugged it off. This morning I was waiting at the bus stop with him and when the bus came I got on but the driver told the man he had been banned from the bus because of his inflammitory signs. He walked off muttering something about being persecuted. I don't understand why he was banned from the bus though. He wasn't hurting anyone. I never even saw his approach anyone. People have done a lot worse than that and didn't get in trouble. Thoughts?

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:43 PM

doesn't make sense to me either.

Livv066
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:43 PM
I don't think he should have been ban from the signs alone. Perhaps something happened when you were not on the bus. It's sad all around though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:44 PM
I wouldn't have minded. I have seen worse happen on the bus ad the person not even get kicked off for that day. Sad really.
RandiBear
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:44 PM

I would report the driver for discrimination. If the only offending thing is his signs, then he can't be banned from a public service because it's not illegal to carry said signs, offensive or not.

kblossom20
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:44 PM

WOW. No he absolutely did not deserve that. Smh. 

REPORT THE BUS DRIVER!!!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Why do you ride the bus????

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Perhaps the driver just didn't want him on the bus?

Aleta775
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:46 PM
You never know. He might have done something inappropriate and you just did not see it.
milly88
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:47 PM
He shouldn't of been banned. I have seen people actually smoke and teenagers yelling and cussing up a storm infront of kids and just rude disrespectful people.
Grumpylilpixy
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:47 PM

This!

Quoting RandiBear:

I would report the driver for discrimination. If the only offending thing is his signs, then he can't be banned from a public service because it's not illegal to carry said signs, offensive or not.

I am a friend, a wife,a daughter but the best title I have by far is Mother .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN