Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What assumptions do people make about you?

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:44 PM
  • 175 Replies

Some people assume I am younger then I am. As a result they assume I had my oldest daughter when I was a teenager.

Some people assume my two older kids and my youngest kid have different fathers.

Some people assume I am on my second marriage

Some people, when they see me with my youngest, assume she is my first kid and that I am not an exeprienced mom.

None of these things really bother me....it is annoying, yes. But I don't normally get bent out of shape about it.

What are some things people assume about you and does it bother you?

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm always a whore because of my boobs.  THey're huge.   And that I'm my sons sister instead of his mom.  

ebbierowe
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:46 PM

I am sure the boob thing is annoying...

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm always a whore because of my boobs.  THey're huge.   And that I'm my sons sister instead of his mom.  

DarksMama
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:47 PM
2 moms liked this

I have purple hair, tatts (not big or obvious, but visible when I wear short sleeves) and 11 piercings in my ears. I always get looks hen they see me, then see my DD dressed in "normal" clothes and whatnot. Almost like they wonder if I stole her from someone.

Right after I had her, I was in a store with her, and carrying her around makes me look a bit like a child bride. I got cussed by some old lady for being a "baby having a baby". I totally enjoyed the shitty look on her face when I told her that I was in fact, 32 and married. LMAO Her other old biddy friends about died laughing at her.

JakesMom712
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:48 PM
1 mom liked this
That I'm conceited, ditzy, materialistic, stuck up and a snob.

I'm only one of those things. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Very much is.  "you just drip sexuality, you're very.... feminine"(while looking at my chest).  that was a reason I got once when someone was acting like i was just ready to go home with him.  

Quoting ebbierowe:

I am sure the boob thing is annoying...

Quoting Anonymous:

ebbierowe
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Lol....well which one?

Quoting JakesMom712:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JakesMom712
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:49 PM
11!!! How do you sleep? I had 3 in one ear and it was so uncomfortable. Lol

Quoting DarksMama:

I have purple hair, tatts (not big or obvious, but visible when I wear short sleeves) and 11 piercings in my ears. I always get looks hen they see me, then see my DD dressed in "normal" clothes and whatnot. Almost like they wonder if I stole her from someone.

Right after I had her, I was in a store with her, and carrying her around makes me look a bit like a child bride. I got cussed by some old lady for being a "baby having a baby". I totally enjoyed the shitty look on her face when I told her that I was in fact, 32 and married. LMAO Her other old biddy friends about died laughing at her.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:50 PM

People assume that SO & I are married. 

Then when they find out we aren't, they assume I'm just some chick he knocked up. lol 

Some people assume that I'm a lazy parent if they see my 5 year old having a melt down. I am not a lazy parent, but DS has anxiety & ADHD. His emotional melt downs are part of life & dealing with what he has. Talking to him during a melt down just adds fuel to the fire so as long as he isn't harming himself or anyone else, I do not give attention to his fits. 

Some people assume that because I bought our cat from a breeder that I'm a terrible person who sentences animals in animal shelters to death. Untrue. lol I foster animals, and I also donate money, food, toys, blankets, towels, & other items to our local shelters. 

Elyce225
That I'm younger than I really am.

That we should give money away (no joke, someone actually said that to us).

That I'm nice, lol.

I'm from Philadelphia, people always assume that I'm extremely Liberal.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JakesMom712
I am very conceited. Lol.

Quoting ebbierowe:

Lol....well which one?

Quoting JakesMom712:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)