Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

would you be offended or am i over reacting? *edit*

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:56 PM
  • 168 Replies

just got off the phone with dh's cousin. apparently they dont like coming over here in the winter (or rainy weather) because we do not allow smoking in the house. I do not want my house to smell like an ashtray but it sucks that family wont come over for a better chunk of the year because of it. I have been tempted to say f--k it, let them smoke in here but then i remember what my mothers house always looked and smelled like from smokers. and i am actually upset that that is the reason why they dont come over here. would you be offended too or am i getting upset for no reason?

you all are replying faster than i can read LOL ok to answer a few questions:

1. we  do go over there and deal with the smoke smell and the wall of smoke that you literally walk into, i can tolerate it for a few hours before i get sick

2. would you want your kids around that much smoke (for those who are saying so go over there)

3. i am offended and upset that they cant be bothered to visit, yes they are respecting boundries but i think they are going about it in the wrong way.

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mary841108

BUMP!

mary841108

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Not offended but I am a smoker. Could they smoke in the garage?
ElitestJen
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this

You're getting upset over nothing.  You don't want smoke.  They don't want to come. What is there to be offended about?

What is with everyone getting butthurt over boundaries? 

Jensep
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:57 PM
7 moms liked this

Don't let them smoke in your house!!! I could see why you would be offended...but come on now...they're the ones over reacting, they can't spend a few hours with out smoking, it's their loss...

mary841108
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:58 PM

we dont have a garage here

Quoting Anonymous:

Not offended but I am a smoker. Could they smoke in the garage?

beachbabies6
4 moms liked this

Your house , your rules , I am a smoker , I wouldn't even think of smoking in a house of non smokers 

mary841108

because my kids really want to see them

Quoting ElitestJen:

You're getting upset over nothing.  You don't want smoke.  They don't want to come. What is there to be offended about?

What is with everyone getting butthurt over boundaries? 

momtolittleg
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't let them smoke in your house! Screw them if smoke is more important than your family.
gblossom
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:59 PM

wordddd<3

Quoting Jensep:

Don't let them smoke in your house!!! I could see why you would be offended...but come on now...they're the ones over reacting, they can't spend a few hours with out smoking, it's their loss...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN