Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Baby Mama is prank calling our house phone

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

This is awkward. I'm not changing the number, but my husband's baby mama keeps calling us blocked then when we answer she hangs up. What should we do? She doesn't like me AT ALL because I "stole her family from her." Keep in mind my step kid lives with her.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:08 PM

I'm pretty sure it's her. Step kid is 6 years old now and I'm pretty sure he'd have enough sense to at least say something and not just hang up.

Quoting kikibix:

Why do you think it's her?  Could be some random stranger who has the wrong number and keeps calling hoping to hear the person they are looking for (it happens I had an elderly woman keep calling me and calling me and finally she got angry and demanded to speak to someone.  She called for weeks!!).  Or maybe it's the stepkids calling.

tharealty2
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't need you to feel bad, but what have I done that you can't?

Quoting tharealty2:

trying to feel bad for you,... can't.

I like your reply here.  You could've ignored me or been a smart ass back and you weren't.  So I'll have to answer you honestly - I don't know the details of you all's relationship so had to come to concusion based on what little info I had.  My assumption is that you did contribute to her losting 'her family' and that he was a butt to her on top of it.  Also, I was the 'baby mama' a long time ago, and saw first hand how men lie to the new chick,while telling me something different.  I don't have much sympathy for the men who make babies with women and then leave them or othwerise disrespect them, or the new females they move on to.  Admittedly, much of this is supposition, but with no details given..... so thats that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:15 AM
1 mom liked this

I never wanted to be with a guy who had a kid or kids. I wanted the BM to like me, but before we ever met she told my BIL I was the, "bitch who took her son's father away." In reality DH moved to my city two years before we met and his child was 3 years old when we married. The relationship between DH and BM was long over and he actually had another girlfriend in between myself and BM.

I feel bad for his child since a kid needs their dad in their life consistently, but with all this tension it's just not happening.

Quoting tharealty2:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting tharealty2:

I like your reply here.  You could've ignored me or been a smart ass back and you weren't.  So I'll have to answer you honestly - I don't know the details of you all's relationship so had to come to concusion based on what little info I had.  My assumption is that you did contribute to her losting 'her family' and that he was a butt to her on top of it.  Also, I was the 'baby mama' a long time ago, and saw first hand how men lie to the new chick,while telling me something different.  I don't have much sympathy for the men who make babies with women and then leave them or othwerise disrespect them, or the new females they move on to.  Admittedly, much of this is supposition, but with no details given..... so thats that.

tharealty2
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I never wanted to be with a guy who had a kid or kids. I wanted the BM to like me, but before we ever met she told my BIL I was the, "bitch who took her son's father away." In reality DH moved to my city two years before we met and his child was 3 years old when we married. The relationship between DH and BM was long over and he actually had another girlfriend in between myself and BM.

I feel bad for his child since a kid needs their dad in their life consistently, but with all this tension it's just not happening.

Quoting tharealty2:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting tharealty2:

I think its interesting you believe he wasn't telling her one thing and you something else.  If they were long done, and he had a relationship between the two of you - it seems unlikely she would be under the impression they still had something to be stolen.  If I met a man w/ a child and out the gate his 'ex' is angry w/ me and talking about me stealing him,. I wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole. I would assume he's lying and whether he is or not I'd avoid the situation.  But here you are, too late to avoid it, best thing you can do is, well, I don't know.  

deepthinker
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting tharealty2:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting tharealty2:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting tharealty2:

I think its interesting you believe he wasn't telling her one thing and you something else.  If they were long done, and he had a relationship between the two of you - it seems unlikely she would be under the impression they still had something to be stolen.  If I met a man w/ a child and out the gate his 'ex' is angry w/ me and talking about me stealing him,. I wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole. I would assume he's lying and whether he is or not I'd avoid the situation.  But here you are, too late to avoid it, best thing you can do is, well, I don't know.  

I agree, this is why I made the comment I did.  It seems very unlikely that this woman all of a sudden years after their relationship ended, starts saying she was the cause of their breakup.  It seems more likely that he was still involved with his ex, and OP just didn't know about it.  I also find it interesting that she is taking the stance that the BM is upset that he is trying to be in his son's life, but not thinking she may in reality be upset that he is going through extreme efforts when he hasn't had a relationship with the child in 6 years. The OP seems a little too trusting and naive.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:51 AM
You can call your phone company and have it set up where blocked numbers can't call you.
DarksMama
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:57 AM

Most phone services say to dial *77 to block anonymous calls, and *87 to take the block off the phone. Give it a try and see if you get anymore blocked number calls.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:16 AM

Sometimes life experiences can turn us bitter. I'm not a man stealer and never will be. DH and BM were done with years before we met. At the moment DH wants to spend time with his child and she's being immature about it because he's married. There's nothing I can do because her issues are with him not me and I don't jump in between them; never have and never will.

Quoting tharealty2:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting tharealty2:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting tharealty2:

AdellesMom
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:17 AM
How is the OP. a homewrecker?

Quoting Judesmom333:

answer...homewrecker here...LOL
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rmfanfgljf
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:18 AM
Oh and do it in a scratchy voice too!!

Quoting bi-polarmommy:

answer "chucky's doll house, tiffiany speaking, how can i help you?"

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN