Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

looks like we are in for a hell of a storm

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 73 Replies
MA

Wed, Feb 6, 2013, 10:12 PM EST

Local Radar Map

Updated Feb 6, 2013, 10:45pm ESTWeather in Motion®   |   Enlarge Map

Get WeatherReady

Prepare for Winter StormsKeep Safe During the StormDriving in Snow & IceAre You at Risk For Winter Storms?Get Live Traffic Reports... WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY MORNING THROUGH SATURDAY AFTERNOON...* LOCATIONS... RHODE ISLAND AND SOUTHEAST MASSACHUSETTS.* HAZARD TYPES... HEAVY SNOW.* ACCUMULATIONS... SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 8 TO 15 INCHES.* TIMING... LIGHT SNOW DEVELOPS BY FRIDAY MORNING. SNOW WILL INCREASE IN INTENSITY DURING FRIDAY AFTERNOON. THERE MAY BE A BRIEF CHANGE OVER TO RAIN ESPECIALLY NEAR THE SOUTH COAST DURING THE AFTERNOON. THE RAIN SHOULD SWITCH BACK TO HEAVY SNOW BY FRIDAY NIGHT AND SATURDAY MORNING... WHEN THE BULK OF THE STORM IS EXPECTED.* IMPACTS... HEAVY SNOW AND VERY STRONG WINDS WILL BRING THE POTENTIAL FOR NEAR BLIZZARD CONDITIONS. THE WORST OF THE STORM WILL BE FRIDAY NIGHT INTO SATURDAY MORNING. SNOWFALL RATES OF 2 TO 3 INCHES PER HOUR POSSIBLE. TRAVEL MAY BECOME NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE WITH BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW.* WINDS... NORTHEAST 30 TO 40 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 65 MPH.* VISIBILITIES... ONE QUARTER MILE OR LESS AT TIMES.PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...A WINTER STORM WATCH IS ISSUED FOR THE POTENTIAL OF ACCUMULATING SNOW OF 6 OR MORE INCHES IN A 12 HOUR PERIOD... OR 8 OR MORE INCHES IN A 24 HOUR PERIOD. ANYONE TRAVELING IN THE NEXT 24 TO 36 HOURS SHOULD MONITOR LATER FORECASTS AND BE PREPARED TO MODIFY TRAVEL PLANS SHOULD WINTER WEATHER DEVELOP.&&

More Information

... A POTENTIAL HISTORIC WINTER STORM AND BLIZZARD IS EXPECTED TO DROP 1 TO 2 FEET OF SNOW ACROSS MUCH OF THE REGION FRIDAY INTO SATURDAY...
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jynnifer292
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:00 PM

I am on the coast. We don't typically get as much snow but I hate the big storms because I need to worry about the ocean ending up in my basement. Last I checked, we might be getting about a foot of snow.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:02 AM
I hate winter storms.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:04 AM

sorry it's hitting you! we are further south and they are calling for minor accumulations with a "wintery mix". No offense to you, but I hope they are right. I really don't want 2 feet of snow! been there done that!

bcoll
by Brandi on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:09 AM

I posted this last night, I was SUPPOSED to be flying out of Boston Friday night...

Looks like our mini vacation without kids will be postponed for a snowday WITH kids...lol

jbirdsladie27
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:11 AM
Y'all be safe & stay warm!! Been a loooong time since I've been in snow
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:20 AM
I would rather snow than ice. Ice storms are veerrryyy pretty bit suck. I remember when one hit when i was still in school. Some people had no power for up to a month IN WINTER.

Quoting Anonymous:

sorry it's hitting you! we are further south and they are calling for minor accumulations with a "wintery mix". No offense to you, but I hope they are right. I really don't want 2 feet of snow! been there done that!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:21 AM

I know that's what I'm worried about. They are saying "ice pellets" Friday morning. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I would rather snow than ice. Ice storms are veerrryyy pretty bit suck. I remember when one hit when i was still in school. Some people had no power for up to a month IN WINTER.

Quoting Anonymous:

Mommy_Jenx3
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:25 AM

My kids are excited. I'm in Michigan and it will start snowing later this afternoon. They say 8-12 inches by tomorrow morning. Kids are tickled pink to get the snowmachines out. Dh has the snowblower ready (hasn't been able to use it this year) and ks grumbling he has to drive to work in the crap Friday morning.

Mychele
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:30 AM
I'm sorry but if power goes out on the east coast again I'm not sending my husband out this time. I hope you all stay safe.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:31 AM
Oh, I am freaked out. This is my winter in new england. We are on the shoreline ct. They said we might get 18-24 inches of snow. Is that enough for power to go out? Will they plow the roads DH is military and has to work Saturday? How do I prepare? Sorry if this sounds dumb. I am from the deep south never seen more than flurries in my life.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN