Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

looks like we are in for a hell of a storm

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
MA

Wed, Feb 6, 2013, 10:12 PM EST

Local Radar Map

Updated Feb 6, 2013, 10:45pm ESTWeather in Motion®   |   Enlarge Map

Get WeatherReady

Prepare for Winter StormsKeep Safe During the StormDriving in Snow & IceAre You at Risk For Winter Storms?Get Live Traffic Reports... WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY MORNING THROUGH SATURDAY AFTERNOON...* LOCATIONS... RHODE ISLAND AND SOUTHEAST MASSACHUSETTS.* HAZARD TYPES... HEAVY SNOW.* ACCUMULATIONS... SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 8 TO 15 INCHES.* TIMING... LIGHT SNOW DEVELOPS BY FRIDAY MORNING. SNOW WILL INCREASE IN INTENSITY DURING FRIDAY AFTERNOON. THERE MAY BE A BRIEF CHANGE OVER TO RAIN ESPECIALLY NEAR THE SOUTH COAST DURING THE AFTERNOON. THE RAIN SHOULD SWITCH BACK TO HEAVY SNOW BY FRIDAY NIGHT AND SATURDAY MORNING... WHEN THE BULK OF THE STORM IS EXPECTED.* IMPACTS... HEAVY SNOW AND VERY STRONG WINDS WILL BRING THE POTENTIAL FOR NEAR BLIZZARD CONDITIONS. THE WORST OF THE STORM WILL BE FRIDAY NIGHT INTO SATURDAY MORNING. SNOWFALL RATES OF 2 TO 3 INCHES PER HOUR POSSIBLE. TRAVEL MAY BECOME NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE WITH BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW.* WINDS... NORTHEAST 30 TO 40 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 65 MPH.* VISIBILITIES... ONE QUARTER MILE OR LESS AT TIMES.PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...A WINTER STORM WATCH IS ISSUED FOR THE POTENTIAL OF ACCUMULATING SNOW OF 6 OR MORE INCHES IN A 12 HOUR PERIOD... OR 8 OR MORE INCHES IN A 24 HOUR PERIOD. ANYONE TRAVELING IN THE NEXT 24 TO 36 HOURS SHOULD MONITOR LATER FORECASTS AND BE PREPARED TO MODIFY TRAVEL PLANS SHOULD WINTER WEATHER DEVELOP.&&

More Information

... A POTENTIAL HISTORIC WINTER STORM AND BLIZZARD IS EXPECTED TO DROP 1 TO 2 FEET OF SNOW ACROSS MUCH OF THE REGION FRIDAY INTO SATURDAY...
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Replies (71-73):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Lol my husbands cousins wife is from georgia. She loves it up here. She lives in Bristol nh, i lived in fl for a few years. Now in new bedford ma

Quoting lilfishbigocean:

Ah, it's crazy up here. I was born and raised here so I'm used to it.. I moved to middle TN for about 8 years. Met DH and had kids, now I brought him up here, and he's totally bugging out about it. Winter time makes us want to move back south!

Why don't you PM me so we don't hijack this post?! lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Small world. I am not used to this new england weather. I am from Georgia. I am freaked out!

Quoting lilfishbigocean:

Yeah, I'm in Stonington!
About 15-20 minutes.

Quoting Anonymous:

Groton ct.

Quoting lilfishbigocean:

I'm on the shore, too - where abouts are you?
You can PM me if you don't feel comfortable saying it here.
You said military, so if it's where I think, then you aren't too far from me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh, I am freaked out. This is my winter in new england. We are on the shoreline ct. They said we might get 18-24 inches of snow. Is that enough for power to go out? Will they plow the roads DH is military and has to work Saturday? How do I prepare? Sorry if this sounds dumb. I am from the deep south never seen more than flurries in my life.

anikahaynes1
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:58 PM
My flight got canceled too. :( was supposed to fly into Syracuse.

Quoting bcoll:

I posted this last night, I was SUPPOSED to be flying out of Boston Friday night...

Looks like our mini vacation without kids will be postponed for a snowday WITH kids...lol

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nverheyn2011
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:59 PM
sounds like me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN