Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need advice maybe tmi **** ETA****

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:39 PM
  • 17 Replies

A few weeks ago my 3 year old dd was saying down there hurt and occasionally burned. So my mom told me to get her some yogurt and give it to her twice a day. So i did that for about 2 weeks but now she is saying it hurts and is burning again.

So what could be causing it? I will probably call her dr in the morning but just would like some advise for now. And she is always with me so no one could be hurting her.

Well I took her to the dr today. She told me that it wasn't a UTI but it is vaginitis (sp). So I was prescribed a yeast infection ointment for her and was told to do a vinigar bath a few times a week and it should help. But thank you to everyone for the advice. Especially anyine who mentioned bubble baths being the problem she isn't happy that she can't have them anymore but I am hoping she will forget about them soon.

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:41 PM

Probably a uti. My dd got a few when she was that age too. Thankfully she outgrew them once she turned 5ish.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Does she take bubble baths? That can cause irritation and burning. Same can happen if they dribble a bit in their undies.

I'd take her in and rule out a UTI for sure, but it could be any number of things.
twitchandsnore
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:44 PM

Maybe she has a UTI. I'd give her cranberry juice and call the dr.

mrsrodgers0703
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Most likely a uti.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
morrigan914
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Maybe not wiping well enough?

christina695
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Yea she loves bubble baths. Actually she just had one 2 days ago and she does dribble in her undies sometimes Thanks for pointing out hte bubble baths I didn't even think of that. I had alot of problems with bubble baths as a kid so I do not take them now.

Quoting Anonymous:

Does she take bubble baths? That can cause irritation and burning. Same can happen if they dribble a bit in their undies.

I'd take her in and rule out a UTI for sure, but it could be any number of things.

BeAmour
by Tonya on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Sounds like she could have yeast infection :-(

Does it hurt her to pee?

As gross as this sounds but because we're mommies and have to do nasty crap, before she flushes her pee, take a look at it and see if it looks cloudy.

christina695
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:49 PM

I doubt it because I wipe her she still has problems doing it herself. But thanks for the idea.

Quoting morrigan914:

Maybe not wiping well enough?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Yep! There ya go!

Get some hydrocortisone ointment (not the cream) and rub it on her. It relieve the burning and irritation. :-)

Quoting christina695:

Yea she loves bubble baths. Actually she just had one 2 days ago and she does dribble in her undies sometimes Thanks for pointing out hte bubble baths I didn't even think of that. I had alot of problems with bubble baths as a kid so I do not take them now.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:50 PM
A uti more than likely. Make sure she wipes good and if she's taking bubble baths make sure she's being rinsed really well.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured