Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

People say I look younger than I am.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 77 Replies
1 mom liked this

Okay, I have noticed something I find quite funny. 99% of women claim people tell them they look younger, or mistake them for a teenager. I even hear a lot of women saying "I look younger than other women I see my age" etc. I know, I know. Some of you are ready to come on here and say "But I DO get told that! and blah, blah, blah." Save it. I get this really does happen from time to time with some people, but I've noticed most women think this,and I think some just make it up in their head. Why are you so obsessed with wanting people to think you are younger?! Lol I even hear this in real life by some women. 

One former friend I had started telling my DH and I how when they went out in public, older people would give her husband the death glare, and she said in these words "When we go out, older people stare down my DH like he is some pervert or something, being with me, because they think I am way younger than him." 

The problem? No one has actually said anything to her. Why did she assume it was that of all things? I could think of a few things that would cause them to stare. He had gauged ears for starters, among other things. Lol. She also does NOT look young, and I do not mean that in a bad way. She just doesn't, and never has. Her features are sharp and angular. She has huge breasts. She just doesn't look like a teen or young girl when you look at her. Also her hair and makeup just look older.

I've heard the ever so classic "I get carded all the time!" thing as if it is a sign of youth, or something. I know some people will card and and every person who walks in because they are just strict like that. Lol

My mom still gets carded sometimes, and she clearly in no way could pass as young looking....at all. Nope. It was just the cashiers sometimes are like that.

These things are all over CM, too. It's like every woman wants people to think she looks younger, or like a teenager, like it's the most flattering thing ever to be considered that. 

Has anyone else noticed that about 99% of women say these types of things? Lol

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Bump

rockabillybetty
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Pie?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twitchandsnore
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:52 PM
2 moms liked this

A lot of people look younger than they are. I don't really see why it's a big deal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I haven't really noticed, but I for one do NOT ever want to be mistaken for a teenager.  I'm in my 40's and darn proud of that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:53 PM

That's not what I said...

Quoting twitchandsnore:

A lot of people look younger than they are. I don't really see why it's a big deal.

Ms.Pink.
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:54 PM

How old do I look?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:54 PM

As you should be. I don't get the teenage obsessed thing myself. It seems to be the "thing" now. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I haven't really noticed, but I for one do NOT ever want to be mistaken for a teenager.  I'm in my 40's and darn proud of that.

bcoll
by Brandi on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:55 PM

I haven't noticed it being a "thing".

misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:56 PM

Maybe they are just saying it to make them feel better about themselves. I honestly don't know how old I look but I don't really care either. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:56 PM
1 mom liked this

You do look young, and I bet you could pass for younger. I bet you do get it all the time. You have a baby face. Big, round eyes, round brows, button nose. Generally people like that tend to look younger to me. I could easily mistake this picture for a 16 year old if I passed by it, especially with the pink hat. Lol

Quoting Ms.Pink.:

How old do I look?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)