Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are some bash worthy things YOUR mom did?

Posted by   + Show Post
My mom did heroin and smoked cigarettes while pregnant.

She bought my friends and I cigarettes when we were teens. Well my friends would pay her for theirs but she bought mine.

What about your mom?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:30 AM

Met and married a felon while he was still in jail. He cheated on her shortly after he was realeased and she divorced him. About once every 1-2years he would beg her to let him crash on her couch and every time it would end up with her kicking him out drunk and threating one of us kids in someway or another.

marihla
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:30 AM

You mean today?

kitchen.ninja
Wow! We're you okay when you were born?

My mom said I was not burn addicted to heroin but my dad's ex wife ( before her) told me I was and I trust her memory more. I'm perfectly healthy though.

Quoting SadeAyosmom:

still drank alcohol

smoke heavily while pregnant..

dieted so she wouldnt put on and didnt any weight.

didnt bother to go to the dr till she was 7 months preg.

Rlmama00
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:30 AM
1 mom liked this

She allowed me to date way too young. Dh and I have been together since I was 13. She's damn lucky that we are very motivated people and went on to college and did not make her a grandma until we were married for 2 years.

kitchen.ninja
I mean ever.

Quoting marihla:

You mean today?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:30 AM
Tought me how to be bulemic.
made me keep it a secrete that I was molested by a family member.
MJuliet
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Nothing my mom did, but my aunt would put nyquil in her childrens bottles to get the to go to sleep. (since around age one)
That woman is still screwed up in the head and her children now have children and they let her babysit.

Are you freaking nuts?! l

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:31 AM
She was a "stage mom". She forced me into beauty pageants and competitive dance and then acted like a total psycho bitch about it. If I lost a pageant she would go around and accuse the moms of sleeping with the judges. She would watch every dance practice through a window and if she thought I didn't have a big enough part she would come in and tell the teacher to move me. She also dressed me up and took me to restaurants and the mall and forced me to dance so I would be discovered.

She did attachment parenting to the extreme. Until I was 10, when I had a nervous breakdown, I wasn't allowed to feed myself, brush my own teeth, dress myself or bathe myself. I also slept in the same bed as her and I wasn't allowed to play outside unless she was watching. She did all of my homework for me because I "needed to focus on dance."
NBean311
by Chivette on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:32 AM

There were no seats in the back of the truck, so they screwed a board to the frame and installed a seatbelt so that my carseat could be secured in both vehicles. 

And once made me drink spoiled milk no matter how much I bitched about the taste. (She didn't know it was spoiled, thought I was being picky.)

That is the worst thing I can think of. I didn't have it rough compared to most. 

kitchen.ninja
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:32 AM
I guess I could see that. I can eat a burger while driving.

Quoting Anonymous:

I assume by holding me in one arm, and steering with the other. It was before the days of car seat safety, and certainly before car seat nazis lol, but hey, at least she got the breastfeeding part right.

Quoting kitchen.ninja:

OMG! How did she do that?

Quoting Anonymous:

Breastfed me while driving lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured