Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What are some bash worthy things YOUR mom did?

Posted by   + Show Post
My mom did heroin and smoked cigarettes while pregnant.

She bought my friends and I cigarettes when we were teens. Well my friends would pay her for theirs but she bought mine.

What about your mom?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Replies (321-328):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 68 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Wow. No my mom is awesome! Best mom ever as far as I'm concerned.

Stephd710
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:25 PM

I got spanked with a belt, hairbrush, wooden spoon (not often).  I got yelled at.  My mom told us she hated us a few times.  We were never told "I love you".  We were allowed to eat junk.  We played outside unsupervised (we lived in the country) didnt wear sunscreen, didnt wear bike helmets, were taken out of carseats way early by todays standards, she let us drive on back country roads when we were like 14 or so, and we wore a lot of yard sale and hand me down clothes. 

Devious333
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Hahaha oh boy...I'd be here awhile.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mystearica
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Ask  my aunt, she'll keep you entertained for hours :P

butzi
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:12 AM

I work with a mental health group that ends up focusing on unhealthy mother-daughter relationships... a lot.  I hear a bunch of really sad stories, much like what I read here. It is interesting to me because I rarely think someone wakes up thinking , "today I am going to be a crappy mom." Apparently it happens a lot, though. Way more often than I ever knew growing up. I grew up knowing I was loved, knowing I was safe , knowing I was protected and knowing that I was always enough. I knew that even if I made a colossal mistake I could come home, I would be forgiven, and tomorrow was a new day. I also was so naive that I believed that everyone else in the world had a family just like mine. Then, I found out it was not true and my heart broke for the others

zuzusmomma
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:12 AM
Many of us had moms who smoked while pregnant and inside of the house while we were growing up. Also they didn't put us in car seats. Things were different back then. I don't believe that my mom did those things because she was neglectful. Remember there were no safety seat laws in the 80's.
zuzusmomma
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:15 AM
We had a station wagon like that too!!! It was awesome!

Quoting Anonymous:

We loved riding in the back of the station wagon. Ours had 2 seats that folded up and were sideways. Not that we actually stayed in the seats. There was a lot of room to play back there.

Quoting sweetieiv:

Abandoned me for a year (9yrs old to 10yrs old.

Left me home alone for an hour everyday when I was 4.

Let me ride in the trunk of a station wagon because there was no more room in the car.

Allowed me to drink from a bottle until I was 5! Thanks to that I have a gap in my teeth.

She verbally abused me on a dialysis basis.

Kicked me out of the house when I was 13 but I didn't leave. Kicked me out again at 16 and I left.

I have many more but lets just leave it at that for now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:35 AM
Ours belonged to my grandma but was passed around the family. I was supposed to get it when she died. I was going to replace the engine and use it for traveling. But about a year before she died my uncle hauled it across the scales. It was everything I could do not to tell her that he junked her car. It would have killed her.

Quoting zuzusmomma:

We had a station wagon like that too!!! It was awesome!

Quoting Anonymous:

We loved riding in the back of the station wagon. Ours had 2 seats that folded up and were sideways. Not that we actually stayed in the seats. There was a lot of room to play back there.

Quoting sweetieiv:

Abandoned me for a year (9yrs old to 10yrs old.

Left me home alone for an hour everyday when I was 4.

Let me ride in the trunk of a station wagon because there was no more room in the car.

Allowed me to drink from a bottle until I was 5! Thanks to that I have a gap in my teeth.

She verbally abused me on a dialysis basis.

Kicked me out of the house when I was 13 but I didn't leave. Kicked me out again at 16 and I left.

I have many more but lets just leave it at that for now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)