Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What are some bash worthy things YOUR mom did?

Posted by   + Show Post
My mom did heroin and smoked cigarettes while pregnant.

She bought my friends and I cigarettes when we were teens. Well my friends would pay her for theirs but she bought mine.

What about your mom?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:32 AM
Lol everything you can possibly think of. She drank and did drugs the entire time she was pregnant with me. She drank and drove while pregnant with me. Had sex with numerous men, while pregnant. She smoked crack in the same house as my brother and I. We moved in with a different man every few months. We saw her get beat daily. She stole our Christmas money for drugs. She let us run wild around the neighborhood. We were only toddlers... This list goes on and on..
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:32 AM

She wanted to move in with DH and I because she was sick and needed our health insurance.  We let her, it lasted a year to the day before she got sick of us and left.  Her condition was stabilized, at least.  But we wouldn't let her smoke in the house so she up and left.  Haven't heard from her since.  My sister says she's gone crazy, she's living in a home at age 53.  But medically, there is nothing wrong with her.  She claims to have Lupus, MS, etc etc.  But nothing is diagnosed.  Doctors say she is fine, just obsessed with being sick.  Even psychiatrists and therapists say there is nothing WRONG with her, it is just the choices she is making.  No bipolar, schizo, etc.  Possibly depression episodes.  She's just down to the bone a selfish bitch.

I only let her stay with us because it felt like the right thing to do.  I knew we wouldn't bond and it'd be terrible.  Oh well.

Quoting kitchen.ninja:

When she contacted you what did she say?

Quoting Anonymous:

She abandoned us Christmas Day.  We woke up and she was gone.  My Dad bought a van on a credit card and drove across the country to get us.  I didn't hear from her again for about 7 years.

kitchen.ninja
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:33 AM
What a witch! I'm so sorry you went through that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Tought me how to be bulemic.

made me keep it a secrete that I was molested by a family member.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:33 AM
Mentally,physically and emotionally abusive
marihla
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:34 AM

Lol I know, it was a joke. I could recall something from every time I've talked to my mother. She sucks as a mom.

Quoting kitchen.ninja:

I mean ever.

Quoting marihla:

You mean today?

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:34 AM

my mother:

smoked while pregnant, in the house, in the car, blew smoke into our faces etc.

played favourites

was emotionally distanced if you were not her favourite

was very dominating and would use force to subdue her 'rebelious' children

was very emotionally and mentally abusive

is continuing her bullshit on my children.

babyboy117
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:35 AM
Reminds me of the show "Dance Mom's".

Quoting Anonymous:

She was a "stage mom". She forced me into beauty pageants and competitive dance and then acted like a total psycho bitch about it. If I lost a pageant she would go around and accuse the moms of sleeping with the judges. She would watch every dance practice through a window and if she thought I didn't have a big enough part she would come in and tell the teacher to move me. She also dressed me up and took me to restaurants and the mall and forced me to dance so I would be discovered.

She did attachment parenting to the extreme. Until I was 10, when I had a nervous breakdown, I wasn't allowed to feed myself, brush my own teeth, dress myself or bathe myself. I also slept in the same bed as her and I wasn't allowed to play outside unless she was watching. She did all of my homework for me because I "needed to focus on dance."
Rust.n.Gears
My mom is epileptic. If she had a seizure I was the one who took care of her till someone came .... if I could reach someone. Often I couldn't. I ate cereal for dinner and gave her the meds. Those meds were serious. I would drag her blanket off her bed to cover her on the floor and put pillows under her head. Once it got bad and I had to call the operator to get the paramedics. I was 8 and my mom cracked her skull open. I remember crawling under the blanket with her on the kitchen floor so I could protect her if another seizure came.
me-n-mygirls
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:35 AM
I have but my brothers are still there so I have to "deal" with her.

Quoting kitchen.ninja:

I'm so sorry *hugs*

I hope you cut ties. She sounds toxic!

Quoting me-n-mygirls:

married the man who kidnapped me.

called me a liar when I said he was molesting me.

allowed and watched him beat and choke me.

stayed with him after she found out he raped his own daughter.

and ssSOOOOO much more.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcclainprincess
My mom was awesome. Yes she had her flaws, but i think they were minimal. She did smoke with all of us, she smoked in the house.

I think what ppl would be more shocked about is that she was the one who had me smoke marijuana for the first time. It helped me so much with what i was going through. I miss my Mommy. She always knew exactly what i was going through..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)