Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So, the Wal-Mart post has me thinking...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies

The woman who insisted on getting the new Blu-Ray for $5 because she found it in the $5 bin.  She claimed it was the fault of the employees because they didn't make sure it was where it belonged.  Everyone was chastising her for stealing.

For some reason, it brought to mind my own experience.  I had gone to Wal-Mart to get some dog food and some stuff for a BBQ we were having that night.  It wasn't a lot of stuff, so I put the dog food bag (big 30lb bag) in the basket; not underneath.  I went through the quick check out at the garden center and I remember being surprised that the total was less than I had figured up.  I just assumed my math was bad (I have a really hard time doing mental math).  I got out to the car, got everything put in, and I looked at the reciept.  Turns out, the cashier didn't ring up the dog food.  Normally, I would have said something, but I was already out to the car.  I wasn't going back in to correct them.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:44 AM

I have done that with wipes

and once my kids put some smaller items into another item and I didn't find out until 2 days later lol

becciguffey
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:47 AM
I've sat things in infant carrier and forgot about it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kayjayjess
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:48 AM
3 moms liked this

That's still stealing. I would have gone back and paid for it. But that's just me.

My children are the source of my strength, frustration, happiness, insanity, sanity, irritability.  They are the definition of unconditional love.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:48 AM
I ran inside a store the other day to pay for a 1$ bag of lentils that I forgot in my cart.
misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:50 AM

I've done this too. 

Quoting becciguffey:

I've sat things in infant carrier and forgot about it

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:51 AM
I've done that with pop a couple times. We usually put it underneath and if the cashier doesn't see it or I'm reminded of it, I forget about it until we're putting things in the car to go home. And by that time my kids have had enough of Walmart, are very crabby and we just need to go home.
bi-polarmommy
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:51 AM

i almost did that with corn starch tonite, i put everything else up on the belt, but not the corn starch

i noticed just as the cashier finshed ringing up everything else, and was like - oh, this too

but i've done the same thing, noticed the cashier didn't ring everything up, and just went with it - usually when i'm too tired from running all day to care

faeriemom1972
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:53 AM

Aren't lentils wonderful? Cheap and delicious.

Quoting Anonymous:

I ran inside a store the other day to pay for a 1$ bag of lentils that I forgot in my cart.

jacquelynxox
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:53 AM
I've accidentally walked out of a store holding a rubber duck. My daughter must of grabbed it (she was under a year old and I was holding her) she always had one in her hand at home so I thought nothing of it untill I got in the car and realised I'd never seen that duck before.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
horseap
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Lol do you feel better now with it out in the open.  I cannot steal.  Just cant do it.  I wont be with someone who does and I always ALWAYS hand out coats and belongings to make sure nothing is hiding.  As for it being in the wrong place then Yeah Id say thats walmarts fault. Our DD was old enough to start on big cuppies and their was a 2 pack marked down to 3.50!  The same cups were 7 on the rack.  I took the second pack up and asked if why and they couldnt tell me.  I said, So, can I price match them since YOU have them marked that way.  She said" NO.  We dont compete with ourselves.  Thats stupid! " I threw the other cups in the take back cart and told her she can shove her rude attitude up her ass.  I hate walmart. >=|

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)