Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you tan?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 61 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you tan?

Options:

Yes, because I want my skin darker.

No, because my skin is naturally dark/er already.

No.I am bringing pasty back because tanning is bad for skin and health.

I don't tan because my skin refuses to tan anyway.

Other.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 54

View Results

Do you tan? What are your reasons for tanning or not tanning? So, we've all been on this go tan craze for a long, long time now, but I see the porcelain skin making a come back more often now. I am kind of glad. I will admit. I look at my skin and I'm like eh, so white! I mean WHITE. I CAN tan, I just haven't. I feel it would look better darker, and I feel pressure to tan because other people view it as better, but it seems I am growing more partial to the proceilain look as time passes. Something about it seems more...classy? (I am talking about fake dark skin only, not if you are naturally dark). You know, the dark look like Christina Aguilera did/does, JS people etc. etc. I look and notice more and more people like that usually look more aged and older, or beaten down somehow. I'm not even talking about the aging effects of tanning. I am talking about the actual color a tan person has. It makes them look haggard more to me. Porcelain skin reminds me of youth and elegance. (Again, not talking about naturally dark people. You look beautiful yourself and do not look like what I am talking about). Some examples..

Although Emma Stone is pretty to me any way...First picture looks exotic and different. Second looks like your over done, run of the mill look that people go for, except less extreme. At least she didn't go 5 shades darker. Lol

Some examples of the tan:

Pale naturally

You're never going to turn one of these in to an ebony beauty like Beyonce, or someone like Eva Longoria or Jennifer Lopez. They will just end up looking like the above girls who over tan. They are their most beautiful being naturally porcelain. 

It's funny. Now that I am older? I guess? People say tan, tan, tan! but out of everything, being naturally dark is pretty. Being naturally pale is pretty, but being fake tanned more than 1-2 shades from your real color is the ugliest. They make it look good in magazines, but now I am seeing the truth. It's the ugliest of them all. Lol

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:01 AM

Bump

Armymom134
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:02 AM

No, I am very fair skinned and I don't tan, I burn, that and I don't want cancer.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Yes.......I live 1 block from the beach, kind of difficult NOT to, lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:02 AM

No I burn, peel and end up looking white and flaky

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:03 AM
It's not attractive to look like you have rolled in a bag of Doritos!!!
mcclainprincess
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:03 AM
I don't go out to."tan"... I live in Florida and work outside.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
misskriss10
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:03 AM

I am a red head and have fair skin. I have to burn horribly before I can tan so it's not worth it to me.

I'm not ashamed to rock my paleness. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:05 AM
I'm Hispanic, but I'm fair-skinned. However, during the summer I get a nice tan.
TheLooneyBinMum
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:05 AM
I don't tan on purpose lol. I work outside on a ranch.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

It's not attractive to look like you have rolled in a bag of Doritos!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured