Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Wtf is wrong with my hair??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I don't know if you can tell from the pic but it's very coarse. It has like...indentions running down the hairs. It's never been dyed or straightened, not been curled or blow dried in 10+ years.

What's wrong and how do I fix it??
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:07 AM
Replies (71-73):
CDMelty
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Some people just get wirey hairs. Try vitamins or ask your gp.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Hair can  be affected by medical issues and they will appear at different points along the shaft.  Think of an archeological dig and the layers of dirt they sift through. You dig deeper and you are going back through time.  

Hair grows from the scalp over time at a rate of approximately a 1/2 inch a month.  As you look down the shaft you can almost determine when each location was being created.  Many things can cause those "bends" over time.  Dehydration, dieting, use of drugs or alcohol, or just poor nutrition.

I had a friend who would started  new fad diet every 6 months and we saw the same bends in her hair every 3 inches.  :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Ethnicity....what heritage are you. Not what color are you. That can matter. I am Irish/German, hubby is Italian/Israeli. Our hair is very different from each other. I personally use Lush products, their solid shampoo and conditioner last about 2-2 1/2 mos. and are $7-$9 each and it leaves my hair soft, shiny and manageable.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)