Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

hives *more info*

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:18 AM
  • 11 Replies
DS keeps getting hives. He had them earlier when he woke up from a nap, I gave him some Benadryl they went away. Now they have come back again! I just gave him some more Benadryl. If he has them again in the morning I'm going to make him a Dr. appointment.

We haven't changed soaps nor hasn't he eaten anything he normally doesn't. Any one have any ideas what else could cause them? He isn't running fever or having trouble breathing. Just red hives.

**more info**
DS is 3. When he woke up this morning they were gone so no doctor appointment. It is not alcohol of course, lol, and I don't know why he would be under stress. Any other ideas?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LizzyPookey1248
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:22 AM
Bump
LizzyPookey1248
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:24 AM
Bump
Nosilla0804
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:43 AM
Heat? Allergies? Food or otherwise. I get them just about every day on my c section scar from heat and friction of my underwear. Stress can cause them as well. Sometimes its really nothing.
Nosilla0804
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:44 AM
Oh..... running a fever def for me!!!
melakay1981
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:45 AM

I get them when I am under stess.  How old is he?

The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:46 AM

Could be anything or nothing at all. I'd take him to an allergist. They can help pinpoint what may be causing it while taking preventative measures against him breaking out. If he is repeatedly breaking out as soon as the Benadryl wears off, he may need some steroids.

lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:46 AM
Stress can cause hives. Also a person can be allergic to a virus. There were a couple times DS broke out in hives & his pedi said allergic reaction to a virus.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bumNmoos_mom
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:47 AM

My DD was breaking out in hives a few months ago. I took her to the doc and the doc said it is how her body reacts to virus'. It's crazy but I did notice after that when she gets sick she does get little bumps. maybe ask your doc about that. Hope it works out.

The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:47 AM

Forgot to add, heat, friction, stress, and sweat can all cause hives. Alcohol consumption and NSAIDS can make you more susceptible to a breakout.

LaceNBklyn
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:49 AM
He may need steroids. This happen to me a year ago I almost died, my grandmother had to rush me to the ER and they had to give me a epi shot and benedryl directly to my veins. I was put on benedryl and steroids for a little over a week and I had to go back to the er again in that week for another epi shot.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN