Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I worked at Walmart Customer Service for 6 years. Ask me anything lol

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 75 Replies

I've seen so many posts about Mom's "accidentally" stealing. It's hilarious. If you guys only knew what you could get away with....smh.  Lol And if its something extreme I will pm you my answer instead. ASK AWAY LADIES ;)

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I worked as a cashier at Walmart for 2 years. No questions i'm just marking my spot.

milfanyway
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:55 AM
Tell us, I'm intrigued...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
audreesmama
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:55 AM
What's the craziest, most outlandish request/demand you've ever encountered? How did you handle it?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:58 AM
Would u ever call the cops if anyone came back in and was honest and said that they forgot to pay for am item....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:06 AM

The price matches are ridiculous. Even before this price match anything ad came out two years ago. Anyway, I try to compromise as much as I can with a customer and one day, after the bickering and finally getting a customer to understand I don't have the authority to change a price over a certain amount without a key, she went to the store manager, complained I was incompetent and said i was solely blaming him about the price I couldn't change. She told him that I bad mouthed the company and his refusal to answer the walkie when I called him. After "pretending" she sided with me she tried to turn the store manager against me. I was horrified. And I offered that bitch to change the price and take her side about the ad match idk why she stabbed me in the back. 

Ive had a customer tell my asm, assistant store manager, she was a cunt and degree less dick sucking whore and SPIT IN HER FACE AND TRY TO THROW THE USED BICYCLE IN HER FACE. That was awful I almost cried . I heard her crying from her office after that encounter.... I have so many more... Employees stealing, customers stealing... What we consider stealing versus mistakes...

Quoting audreesmama:

What's the craziest, most outlandish request/demand you've ever encountered? How did you handle it?

Uzma_mom_of_2
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:09 AM

I did customer service at Sams Club.

How long can you return something? Like 30 days, 2 months? Also do you prorate items

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:11 AM

Never.... ... Just know to get busted for stealing , loss prevention needs to have you walk out those double doors with the item and seen you do it with INTENT.  Otherwise they ask you to step inside and pay for the item, if the door greeters don't catch an item fault also falls on the. I'm not saying this was me or wasn't lol, but customers ARE rewarded for honesty as well for STUPIDITY. Causing a ruckus sometimes can get you a gift card or special treatment but at the cost of your integrity, and everyone in the store bad mouthing you. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Would u ever call the cops if anyone came back in and was honest and said that they forgot to pay for am item....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:16 AM

Depends on the items. And I'm sure SAMs is more lenient because people buy for stores and long term etc. clothes are 90 days unused unworn or washed once with a defect and proof it was purchased recently. 15 days for electronics might have changed to 30 days. DVDs, movies, CDs UNOPENED, not because we prefer it, but it could be used for copy right infringement and we have to claim it out and send it back to the manufacture. Unless we blame the manufacture for its defect. If open only and exchange. They changed the policy for televisions and appliances, and lawn mowers a couple of times but I think the most recent is  30 days, no more 90. Too many customers used the tv for 89 days and brought the item back and said " they didn't like it" and bought a better bigger tv. Several times we only exchanged a tv if its over the days.

Quoting Uzma_mom_of_2:

How long can you return something? Like 30 days, 2 months? Also do you prorate items

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:18 AM

And yes like the batteries we prorate it. I was THE ONLY PERSON I'm customer service that prorated. Vs managers would do a full swap out of a battery after 3 years of being in a vehicle. IDIOTS.

Quoting Uzma_mom_of_2:

rockabillybetty
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:22 AM
Can i have a doughnut???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN