Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Maternity Leave

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

As I lie here with my 3 month, who is refusing to sleep, I am again so thankful I get to stay home with my kids. I don't have to get up in a few short hours to get everyone ready and out the door by 6 or 7 am. I've been a working Mom and a SAHM. I think it's so nutty we expect people to go back to work after 6 wks to 3 months in a lot of cases. I'm not saying people can't do it, I have done it. Parents are just amazing. All of us. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
armywife009
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:30 AM

I agree. I went to work when our youngest was 7 weeks. It was hard, but I did what had to be done for our family.

crumpy_gat
by No. on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:40 AM
I agree.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:18 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:44 AM
I agree. I was fortunate that I had 14 weeks off of work. 12 weeks was at 60% of my weekly pay and the additional 2 weeks was included because I had a c-section. I cherished every moment I was able to stay home with DD but I had to go back to work. I have family in Denmark and they get almost a year of maternity leave over there. They were shocked that I only got 3 months and then were even more shocked when I told them that I was fortunate to have so much time off!
Shaybay218
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:47 AM

I agree...I was lucky enough to be able to stay out 4 months when I had my dd

horseap
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:50 AM

Fortunately my work was an asshole and I couldnt go back until DD was 9 months.  It was hard money wise but for nursing and bonding time  THE BEST!

frzmamaof4
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:52 AM
Agreed! I just had dd3 4 months ago and I'm so happy that I'm a sahm now. I hated going back to work after the maternity leave was over!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Trisha234
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:53 AM
It is nutty and very unfortunate. Maternity leave in the US is horrible. Somehow, we manage, but it is very difficult. Enjoy that new baby!
MrsCountryMama
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:54 AM
Agreed! I went back to work 6 weeks after having both of mine. But I only went back 2 days a week so I was able to keep my shift and position.
If I didn't go back after 6 weeks they were legally allowed to replace me permanently.
I was also blessed with having a husband that was able to financially support us. It's a shame Moms have to go back so soon or they can be replaced.:(
MrsCountryMama
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:55 AM
And congrats on the new baby!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)