Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

hooky day

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:36 AM
  • 5 Replies
The other night, my step son would not go to sleep. Every time I started to get comfortable I heard "miss christiiiinnna" coming from his room. Eventually I told him he needed to be a big boy and go to sleep since he had school the next day (he's 6). Well then I heard him crying. This was at almost 4 am, but I couldn't really ignore that one since its not usual for him...but I was sooo tired and aggravated. Went in there and sang him a few songs and stayed put for over an hour rubbing his back till he fell asleep. Anyway I guess when my df left that morning I balled my phone all up in my covers and didn't hear my alarm, ss didn't wake up either until almost noon. I figured no point now, by the time I get him to school it'll be almost 1 and he gets out at 3 45. So I kept him home, we cuddled on the couch and went to go get ice cream. I told the school it was because of family illness. I feel kinda bad, I hate to have dropped the ball on getting him to school but at the same time he's been back and forth on an anti me kick lately so it was nice to spend a day with him.
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:57 AM
Your SS needs to learn to sleep, I would have made his tired little butt go to school, IMHO he pulled one over one you, there will be a next time.......wait for it.

Glad you enjoyed your day though!!!
ksueditz
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:01 AM
Did you ever figure out why he couldn't sleep?
Snuggle days are always good. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
christinad612
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:06 AM
Well he's never done that before, usually if one of the kids can't sleep we won't go in beyond reminding them its time for bed. And they usually fall asleep quickly. Since he's never done that and his Dad for.sure wasn't waking up to handle it, I went with what I thought best.
christinad612
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:09 AM
Quoting ksueditz:

No but his mom just moved back from 2 hours away so she's in the picture more now, at the same time his Dad just went back to sea duty (Navy) so he's around less. He's been acting out some andI think this was part of it. Since I'm around him more than anyone else, I.catch most of it.
ksueditz
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Poor sweetie. :(

Quoting christinad612:

Quoting ksueditz:

No but his mom just moved back from 2 hours away so she's in the picture more now, at the same time his Dad just went back to sea duty (Navy) so he's around less. He's been acting out some andI think this was part of it. Since I'm around him more than anyone else, I.catch most of it.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN