Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you a better parent than your sibling(s)?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I honestly don't know how it's possible that my siblings and I turned out to be COMPLETELY different with parenting styles, in some ways it's not bad but some ways it's just..AHH!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:44 AM
Replies (21-30):
Hierophant85
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:00 AM
I'm an only child. So yes :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:01 AM
Eh- I don't think I'm better or worse but I'm like you cause we grew up in the same house and turned out two entirely different ppl with different relationships and parenting styles.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
camsmami
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:03 AM
By far!

I don't smoke pot with my kids in the car, let alone at all.
I don't do, sell and make meth in the bathroom ofmy home with my children asleep in the next room.
I only have one child at 24 and still with the father. Not 2 children by 18 by two different dads. Another on the way by dude #3, and proud of it.
I've had many jobs and lots of experience, she's never had a single one but at a meat processing plant for 30 mins before she claimed it was too hard and cursed her manager out and quit.
I've never been reported to CPS let alone multiple times.

My half blood "sibling", is a real fine piece of work. If you like dumpster diving for the mold off the bottom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
klespeedy0205
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:04 AM
No, my brother is an amazing dad. My ds adores him too. I'm amazing too so its a tie.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:04 AM
Only one of my sisters has a baby. She is the total opposite of me. She thinks everything is going to give you cancer and everything with lower a child's IQ. She thinks everything she reads in books or on the net is golden. She reuses to follow her gut and let's the drs make all the decisions. I'm the type to listen to my kids/gut and not have some book tell me I'm doin it wrong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frzmamaof4
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:04 AM
Yep, it sucks to say that, but it's the truth. We both love our children, but my priorities are my family!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anyotherday
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:07 AM
Yeah. I am.
theresaphilly
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:10 AM

My older sister is a great parent, I try to be the parent that she is. Atleast I think she is great, but she says she is doing her best and make mistakes along the way, but no one sees them. Anyway I think she is a great mom.

southern.momof2
by Pirate on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:12 AM
I'm a better parent than my middle sister. She has lost custody of all 3 of her children.
CampClan
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:12 AM
1 mom liked this
My older brother definitely- I am a better parent. My younger brother does not have kids... although he does have 2 furbabies.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN