Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you a better parent than your sibling(s)?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I honestly don't know how it's possible that my siblings and I turned out to be COMPLETELY different with parenting styles, in some ways it's not bad but some ways it's just..AHH!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:44 AM
Replies (301-310):
babyblue415
by champagne on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:04 PM

i dont have any siblings

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:09 PM

I am a better parent then my siblings lol...but they don't have kids yet lol...my brother is too busy with his schooling and my sister well she's only 15, so I hope she doesn't have a baby anytime soon...she wants to do all of her teen things.

spotsmom
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Well, our circumstances are certainly better, we can better provide for our children, etc. But I think that they do the best they can, for the most part. 

kavp84
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:52 PM

I can say that yes I'm a better parent than my brother... because he isn't a parent. :P

Anonymous
by Anonymous 84 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:54 PM

It's kind of hard to compare. I definitely know I did way better than my one brother at raising kids because my mother raised his son. As for the other brother....He's about equaled me, but he only has one child and she's not even three yet. My kids are all in their late teens early 20's. Yeah the oldest still lives with me but he does help around the house and with his sister so I guess we can let him stay a little longer. LOL.... Here's hoping where we live next has some jobs for hire. We live too far out for someone with no driver's licence to work.

JDsmomma07
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:57 PM

I feel we both parent our kids how we see fit and want to raise them to be respectful, loving, decent human beings.  I'm more affectionate with my son in terms of  daily ILY and hugs and kisses though. 

deepthinker
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:43 AM

I don't think I'm better, I think we just have different styles of parenting.  I'm sure my sister shakes her head at me and think I'm doing something wrong, just like sometimes I shake my head at her because I think she's doing something wrong.  But so far, we both have some pretty good kids, so even though our styles are different... the outcome is the same.

RandiBear
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Unfortunately, yes. I would love to be able to say "No, we are equally good mamas" but it's not the case. She is abusive and the state is in the process of taking her kids away from her. I wish I was able to take them in myself but I am neither financially capable, or mentally. lol she has 5 kids (3 boys 2 girls) between the ages of 10 and 3. That would have me with 4 boys and 2 girls, and all her kids have issues relating to the abuse. Luckily, they'll be going to family and not into the system and only two will be living apart (with their dad across town from the rest).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 85 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:12 AM
I wouldn't say better, since everyone is entitled to their own ways, but my children are much better behaved than my nephew. Night and day!
kymom23
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:27 AM
Well I can honestly say I'm a better parent than my oldest brother because he hasn't seen his 4 children in about 13 years. He hasn't even tried. My older brother has 2 children and while I don't agree with some of his parenting techniques, I think he's a pretty good father. He's a little hard on his kids sometimes and very strict but if it works for him, not my business.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN