Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you a better parent than your sibling(s)?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I honestly don't know how it's possible that my siblings and I turned out to be COMPLETELY different with parenting styles, in some ways it's not bad but some ways it's just..AHH!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:44 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:12 AM

I'm going with yes. My brother will tell his kids no, they throw a fit, and to stop the fit he buys/gives them exactly what they're throwing the fit over. He lets them destroy the house while he sits on the computer or video games.

Two_Hearts
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:15 AM

My one sister is an AWESOME parent, she has done so much with her life and has a good job (deli manager) and my nephew is the smartest kid i have ever seen..

My baby sister on the other hand ,  i can't stand how she parent's and from what i have heard her and her husband are supporting that baby that they have by selling drugs.

So yea , i think i top my baby sister on parenting without a doubt. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:16 AM
My sisters are both good parents in their own way, not perfect but who is? I have more in terms of financial stability, and I'm 2 years younger than them, but to me that doesn't determine if someones a good mom. We all try our best and that's all we can do ya know? I have 8 other siblings, from 2-20, and none of them have kids.
happykitty316
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:18 AM

My sister parents differently than I do, but she is a good mother.  She's definitely more patient than I am, but I think I'm better about sticking to routine and schedules....Just different.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:33 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes I am a much better parent than my sister.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:46 AM
Yes I'm definitely a better parent. My bro and sil don't even have custody of their kids and she's pregnant again.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Ive been told I am. My kids tell me I'm the Best Mommy in the world. ;)
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:50 AM
Ive been told I am. My kids tell me I'm the Best Mommy in the world. ;)
.thatsme.
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:52 AM
My siblings don't have kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:52 AM

Yes.  Much better.  We actually enjoy our kids.  My sister just tries to get away from her son as much as possible.  She hates having a kid to take care of.  Oh, and she's 47 so being young and restless isn't an excuse.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured