Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you a better parent than your sibling(s)?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I honestly don't know how it's possible that my siblings and I turned out to be COMPLETELY different with parenting styles, in some ways it's not bad but some ways it's just..AHH!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:44 AM
Replies (311-320):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:26 AM

Yes. My kid never got kicked out of preschool for being "too violent" nor has she ever refused to play gym because "she's tired". 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:32 AM
Yes. My older brother hasn't seen his kids in years. Neither of my younger brothers have kids. Dh and I are also better parents than his siblings. His sister Leaves her 7yo and 5yo home alone after school. She also has a discusting house. Dhs brother will never have kids.
skittlefart
by Taste the Rainbow on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:34 AM
All but one brother and one sister. We have pretty similar parenting skills. The others? It's plainly obvious they should've rethought how they did some things....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
averysmommom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:07 AM

Unless they are negligent or abusive how are we to determine whose a "better" parent? I hate the whole good mom, bad mom nonsense. Sry I dnt mean offense. My sis was pretty immature when she had my niece and she only knew she was prego for a few weeks so of course she I'd things way differently than I would've but it oes not make me a better mom by any means. 

briansmommy2010
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't attempt to compare our parenting. We all have very different parenting styles, and different challenges with our children. It's just impossible to compare.
calvinsmommy18
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:14 AM
Neither dh or my siblings have kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:16 AM
Maybe not a "better" parent than my sister but we both have our stronger suits (I might happen to have more..)
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:15 AM

Yes. My sister cares more about being high than working or raising her teenage daughters. She sleeps all the time, takes whatever pills she wants, gets fired almost every year. She's living with my parents and her daughters call me for rides. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:16 AM

We all have our issues but I think my child is definitely way smarter than my niece and nephews and they are all older than her. She has better manners for a special needs child. They are young minded and only want to party while I stay in and spend most of my time with my little one.

peaches_04
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:21 AM
Were pretty much the same
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured