Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you a better parent than your sibling(s)?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I honestly don't know how it's possible that my siblings and I turned out to be COMPLETELY different with parenting styles, in some ways it's not bad but some ways it's just..AHH!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:44 AM
Replies (321-330):
LynBoz
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:41 AM

Yes.  My step sister may make money hand over fist but she hardly takes care of the child she payed an arm and a leg to conceive through invitro.  Our parents have her daughter a lot,  or she is with her dad.

Autumn07
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:38 AM

I don't think we are so much different in parenting styles, but my dh has a lot of input in the parenting in our family. I imagine it's the same for my siblings and their so's.  I like my neices and nephews alot so I guess they aren't doing it wrong!

momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:45 AM

I see differences, and I think I am better at SOME things, but my sisters are also better at other things. I don't see parenting as a competition, though.

mariesmama
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:49 AM

im a better parent than hubbys sister her girls got taken away because she chose to stay with the jerk that that was abuseing them 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Only one of my siblings has children. In some ways I'm better. As far as discipline goes..I'm better. Her children are brats. But she has more patients than I do. I am my kids mother, while she tries to be her kids friends.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:56 AM
My brother and sister don't have kids..

My sister went on a high trip saying because she babysits her bfs kids twice a month that she knows more than I do about kids. I told her that babysitting and parenting are two different things. She then went around telling her friends that SHE babysits my DD all the time. She has NEVER babysat my DD. I had her friends coming up to me saying that 'oh your sister takes so much good care of her.. watching her for you everyday and night... she's like a mommy to your DD.'

I flipped shit. My sister is a druggy. A major druggy. She has sex for drugs/money ect... she has never been ALONE with DD. Let alone taking care of her? Haha yea okay... me and dh were supporting HER until I was forced to kick her out after she left drugs and beer bottles all over the living room. No thanks.
ARPsMom
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:01 AM
My sister has her moments, but she is a single mom of three and her youngest has autism. So she does the best she can. My brother an hi wife I can honestly say I parent 100 times better than them. Their kids have no rules, no discipline of any kind. Their daughter is 12 and is allowed to talk back to any adult. My mom caught her stealing from he house and my brothers response was "well her other grandma lets her have anything she want from her house." An I don't want to get started on their three year old.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
towerjunkie1989
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:57 AM

We are good parents. We help each other. We parent differently. but it works. For example, my brother was spanking his son for having nighttime accidents. I told him that it will only make him worse and what our other brother had said to me and did to me and how it still affects me. I had wet the bed for YEARS. We tried medication, limiting my liquid intake, EVERYTHING. Nothing worked and he made me feel like shit. After I told my brother about that, he talked to his son about it and he has been accident free for years now. It was a slap in his face that he was doing to his son what our brother had done to me.

My sister has told me when I am doing something she doesn't agree on. I've told her the same things.

We are open with each other so it works for us.

DiANAiVELiSSE
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:06 AM

my sister's and I are like night and day when it comes to parenting! AM i better yes BUT WE BOTH LOVE OUR CHILDREN IMMENSLY

Shermy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Nope. Totally different styles, but we are both great parents who love their child(ren).
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured