Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you a better parent than your sibling(s)?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I honestly don't know how it's possible that my siblings and I turned out to be COMPLETELY different with parenting styles, in some ways it's not bad but some ways it's just..AHH!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:44 AM
Replies (331-340):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:42 AM

My brother doesn't have custody of his kid and he knocked up a girl who is still married after a one night stand. They have a lot of pets together.

My sister got pregnant on a one night stand and she hates being a mom and would rather give her kid off to a baby sitter and go out partying.  She lies to everyone and makes people feel sorry for her because she claims her ex is a dead beat and only pays $70 a month in child support, but I know better. I see her ex regularly, because My little family gets to hang out with their kid.

I'm a good mom, I raised a good kid. I'm not perfect, but I have full custody of my kid and i do EVERYTHING in my power to make his life happy and content and safe and secure. 

But, with all that said and done, I know for a fact my sister and brother love their kids, even if they don't have full custody or share custody. I don't know if they would die for them, though...

CountryLayne
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Well, considering that my sister lost all three of her children due to her being a drug addict and neglecting them, I would say yes, I am a much better parent than her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:48 AM

my older brothers (they were twins) were single fathers, and they were amazing. they were murdered and the mother of my niece is in jail, mother of my nephew strung out. i am not a very different parent  from them but none of my younger siblings (19, 16, 14,10, and 10) have kids nor does my other deceased older brother. 

and before someone says they were bad people which is why they were murdered, it was an elaborate plan by a few people they knew to collect their insurance money. they were good men, high school and college grdutes, back in school, tried their hand in music, but were working to do advertisement and web site management. they were 23 and 19. they were at a college halloween party when th plan was executed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:56 AM

One sibling has no children. One has children but has been in and out of prison, has no heat on at his place but does have internet and beer and legal weed and live off of PA. I don't know how they still even have their kids. Id absolutely say I am a better parent. Part of me feels bad though because my dad (our only parent) is always bringing me up with them, "why cant you be more like your sister..." I told him to stop that shit cause now they wont talk to me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:57 AM

My sister has made it very clear that she will never have children. So yes, I am the better parent.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:11 AM
My sister is a good mother, but she doesn't have her kids go outside at all because she's overly protective of them & doesn't want to go out & play or watch them. She doesn't enjoy her children the way I think she should, she looks forward to them being in school. I love my son &i love when he is on vacation or a snow day cancellation.
RoxeyMama
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Well I am a better parent then my sister who is pregnant but I'm pretty sure I know how its gonna go. My 2 brothers I think one will never have kids no intrest in girls. My youngest brother I think he may be a better parent cause hell have the technology but he isn't potty trained yet so hard to say lol.
krystlzd3
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Yes....none of my siblings have kids. I am the only provider of grandchildren thus far. 

MicheleJM
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this
This

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

Different but I wouldn't say better. We all love our children & do what's best for them so......

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MicheleJM
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:23 AM
Thats a shame.

Quoting Anonymous:

my older brothers (they were twins) were single fathers, and they were amazing. they were murdered and the mother of my niece is in jail, mother of my nephew strung out. i am not a very different parent  from them but none of my younger siblings (19, 16, 14,10, and 10) have kids nor does my other deceased older brother. 

and before someone says they were bad people which is why they were murdered, it was an elaborate plan by a few people they knew to collect their insurance money. they were good men, high school and college grdutes, back in school, tried their hand in music, but were working to do advertisement and web site management. they were 23 and 19. they were at a college halloween party when th plan was executed.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)