Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you a better parent than your sibling(s)?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I honestly don't know how it's possible that my siblings and I turned out to be COMPLETELY different with parenting styles, in some ways it's not bad but some ways it's just..AHH!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:44 AM
Replies (341-350):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 94 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:00 PM

it is, but they were damn good parents... they loved their kids unconditionally and never treated them wrong

Quoting MicheleJM:

Thats a shame.

Quoting Anonymous:

my older brothers (they were twins) were single fathers, and they were amazing. they were murdered and the mother of my niece is in jail, mother of my nephew strung out. i am not a very different parent  from them but none of my younger siblings (19, 16, 14,10, and 10) have kids nor does my other deceased older brother. 

and before someone says they were bad people which is why they were murdered, it was an elaborate plan by a few people they knew to collect their insurance money. they were good men, high school and college grdutes, back in school, tried their hand in music, but were working to do advertisement and web site management. they were 23 and 19. they were at a college halloween party when th plan was executed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 98 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:03 PM
I'm an only child, but I feel that I'm a better parent than 2 out of 3 of my s/o's siblings. I gauge this by the kids behaviours. I'm happy with the behaviour of my children. I'd like to reach out and smack my nieces and nephews though. Wish my inlaws would take responsibility for their kids behaviour. For instance, when my nephew smacked my son in the face with a cowboy hat, my sil didn't do anything. My s/o had to discipline him and make him apologize to our son. Fucking ridiculous!
toybar02
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:06 PM
my brother is a good father and im a great mother lol, hes actually more nurturing than me at times but i have alot more on my plate then he does right now so my patience is very thin
jazzymom760
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Yep :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommyinindiana
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:24 PM

my siblings are complete opposites when it comes to parenting.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 99 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:28 PM

My brother passed away when his daughter was 3.  He was a good dad unfortunately his daughter's mom was a rude and didn't always let him see his daughter.  
My sister doesn't have kids. 

I think my husband is a lot better parent this his sister.

Mocking.Jay
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:34 PM
I'm a better parent than my sisters. They go out and party and one has an adoptive sister who deals weed right in their home with my nephew. My other sister keeps getting boyfriends that beat her in front of my niece. And my youngest sister murdered a kid when she was 14 and keeps purposely trying to get pregnant with her bf who is a drug dealer.

Yep, I'm a better parent than all my sisters.
xsbnix
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:03 PM

By far! If I had enough time and space to write everything down you would all be amazed.. I have three brothers and one has kids and I really wish he would just let me take them and care for them....

Armymom134
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:36 PM

No, my brother and his wife are good parents.

Eagle293
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Yes. I can honestly say that. My oldest sister had four the first three she lost custody of due to being a shitty mom and the last the father took and she care enough to fight for atleast visitations.
My youngest sister lives off my dad, drives his car and expects everyone to help her. Her house is always nasty and the kids only have a good life because they spend most their time with me or at school. I'm their babysitter and she pays me $200 less than she should.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)