Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you a better parent than your sibling(s)?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I honestly don't know how it's possible that my siblings and I turned out to be COMPLETELY different with parenting styles, in some ways it's not bad but some ways it's just..AHH!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:44 AM
Replies (351-360):
mysticalmalissa
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:48 PM

My brother is a piece of shit father. He hasnt seen his daughter (nor tried to) since she was 6 months old. She is now 35.

My younger sister is an ok mom.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 100 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:52 PM
I am better than one I suppose, the other I can't compare because I spend so little time with her. Now my SO's siblings, defiantly.
Lorena
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Out od 10 of us me and 5 of my siblings have kids. Do I think I am a better parent yes. I am married, have been living on my own since I was 17, take care of my kids, my kids listen and are not over weight.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Yes. My younger sister has no children but my younger brother has a 2 year old. He had her with a self obsessed drug addict and then became one himself. He joined the military and left Taryn with her awful mother who did nothing but party. My brother does E on the weekends still. My mom now has custody of taryn and will until she's 4 and my brother gets out of the military. Me and dh have two dds, own our house, and provide everything our girls could need/want. We would never even consider putting anything before them
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 101 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:06 PM
We all have our weaknesses. One of my siblings does drugs. One of my siblings abandoned all three of her children (the youngest baby was just a week old). She also traded a child for a POS car. One sister was a teenage mother and was left to raise said child by herself. She then got knocked up by another loser who split after he found out she was pregnant. Another of my siblings took care of her children minimally. She didn't bond with them, but she's making up for it as best as she can now. I have never done those things or been put in those positions, but I would only say I'm a better mom than the one sibling. Idk how anyone could just dump their kids like that and not care what happens to them. It's very sad.
Bkf4e4l
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:12 PM

My sister and I are different. She only has one kid which i haven't see for years but in pictures, look like she is a spoil brat and last time i saw her, she talked and talked and wouldn't shut up. So I think I have her to beat because I have two kids and I'm doing fine. I think she is doing fine too. But I know she isn't taking care of her kid that great because she always going on trips and she is doing school. So our grandma or aunt is probably always watching her kid. So I think I'm a little better than her!!=)

LLbaby143
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:12 PM

No. My sister is an awesome parent. She has older kids than me. And I only have one. But she is a very loving attachment parent. She is fun and caring.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 102 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:23 PM

I really don't feel that is a fair question.  Everyone parents differently, and if that is what works for them, great.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 103 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:26 PM

I'm a much better parent than my sister.  Over the years I've had to sit down and talk with her about cleanliness for the kids and that she needs to talk to them more because she doesn't and was told by the one son's teacher that he needs speech therapy because she never speaks to him...  She's improved a little with the youngest, but she is such a lazy mom that it drives me nuts!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 104 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:28 PM
Considering his kids were taken by the bio mom and then the state and he is not allowed contact I'd have to say yeah I am.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)