Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you a better parent than your sibling(s)?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I honestly don't know how it's possible that my siblings and I turned out to be COMPLETELY different with parenting styles, in some ways it's not bad but some ways it's just..AHH!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:44 AM
Replies (41-50):
TSNDDY
by Emerald Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:53 AM
Yes without a doubt !

I'm the only parent. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
catrig
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:54 AM

I think I'm a better parent, but I'm sure my brother would disagree.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:55 AM
Yes, one brother is a drug addict and rarely sees his child and my other brother is a great dad, however, he drinks a lot, but he is very involved in their life and they are extremely good kids.
elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:57 AM

My sisters don't have kids yet, but I can imagine our parenting styles will differ. Not in a bad way, just different. My SIL has 1 and 1 on the way, and I think our parenting styles are pretty similar.

Pink.Sunshine
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:58 AM

no we're pretty much equal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:02 AM
My oldest brother is never around his kids, ths other brother don't have any, so yea i am
Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:02 AM

I would say I am. My sister just does stuff that I would never do. to me it shows she doesn't care has much.Her son is 3 and has never bed shared except for when he was sick. She hates bed sharing.She has used CIO which I am 100% against. I tried to tell her about the gentle life.She FF'd. She didn't even try to BF. She stopped swaddeling after 1 week. She waited til he was ready to potty train him. Her son is 3.5 and is till Pting. My son is 2.5 and 100% done. She lets him watch TV and she always has TV on. She said she needs backround noise.

I dunno to me it seems I care more. The sad part is she is married and I am not.

LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:03 AM

I don't really like to play the comparison game. My sister has told me that she feels I am a better parent than she is though. I perfer 'different'.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:03 AM

My BIL is a total douche, so we start out on different levels. I believe my sister does the best she can, but she is taking care of two kids and a man-child husband. She has to work full-time, whereas I get to be a full-time mom. The area I live in has far more opportunities for kids and parents, but she is in a rural area with fewer options.

My bro and SIL have been desparately trying for a baby for some time. I have no doubt he will be an awesome daddy and she will be a very hands-on mom.

Nunyabusiness
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:05 AM

My brother has no kids so I'd say I'm better for now. Lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN