Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I confess I give my 5 yr old coffee

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:15 AM
  • 13 Replies
I just gave my 5 year old a cup of coffee with her breakfast because she wanted to drink it like Mommy and Daddy do.
She was so cute I couldn't resist so I filled a coffee cup with mostly milk added a teaspoon of sugar and a dash of coffee for color.
Now she's happy as a clam sipping her"coffee" like Mommy and Daddy do.lol

Do your children drink coffee or do anything else cute to be like Mommy or Daddy?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Sometimes our 5 year old does to, I don't see anything wrong with every once in awhile.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Unoriginal.
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:17 AM
1 mom liked this

She's had it before, she didn't care for it

mommyinthe303
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:18 AM
1 mom liked this
I do at times when its child because my son has asthma it helps
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I have done that with my TWO year old... lol... :) I gave him like, a teaspoon of coffee and sugar but he was happy :)

Vipergirl22
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes my daughter (3)  will steal drinks out of my coffee when I get it.

AprilDJC
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Mine dont like it, but I grew up drinking half coffee half milk at my grandmas. as long as its in the morning, and just a splash of coffee it should be fine :) just brush teeth after, its acidic.
armywife009
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Our girls, 3 and almost 2, are always trying to debo our coffee or redbull. They love the taste of both. Coffee, I don't mind giving them a few sips, but redbull is a big no no for them, too much caffeine. Doesn't stop them from trying to steal it though, lol.

MrsCountryMama
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:24 AM
Good idea:)

Quoting AprilDJC:

Mine dont like it, but I grew up drinking half coffee half milk at my grandmas. as long as its in the morning, and just a splash of coffee it should be fine :) just brush teeth after, its acidic.

lkane81
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Both my kids have drank coffee since they were about 3. Not by me fiving it to them but if i happen ti leave my cup alone for 5sec i come back and they have sucked it down. Esp my 4yo. I used to do the same thing when i was little and i was and am completely fine.
AprilDJC
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:25 AM
2 moms liked this
And to answer your question, while living in spain we were at a friends house for dinner. Being Spanish culture, they serve wine with dinner. Well ds was 5 then and decided to grab a glass and try a sip when I turned around to check on dd. when I turned around, he was holding the strong red wine in his mouth looking for a place to spit out lol. He never tried it again!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured